Notices

Saved by a Kiss...

Old 06-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saved by a Kiss...

Today I hit 2 months, and it almost went down the tubes:-(. I woke up feeling great, and was looking forward to vacation tomorrow. Unfortunately, my AV not only was not going on vacation, but was working hard as ever!!!!

At one point I had pretty much decided I was going to drink, and was trying to think if how I could without hubby knowing:-(.

God bless my husbands loving and affectionate self....he is always kissing me, and I realized he would smell it. I kept myself busy, and fought with AV until I won. I realized I really didn't want to, and that the entire trip tomorrow would be miserable with my guilt and self loathing!

Feeling much better, and grateful that my husbands kiss saved me from drinking long enough for my resolve to strengthen again!

Tomorrow is another battle waiting, and I intend to win!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I hear you. I can walk in the door and he can be two rooms away and still know that I drank. No amount of breath mints or gum can cover it up. Doesn't even matter if I had one. Helps with the accountability that's for sure!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well done.It does get easier too and the AV appearances become more fleeting rather than a constant presence
Old 06-30-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations....one day at a Time Im Sober 27 years....Im at a Stage for Many Years now, where I would know, Drinking Would Ruin my Social Life...Rather than Help me enjoy it .....Big Turn Around....At one Time....One was too many and a 1000 Was never Enough for me.Good Luck on your Sober Journey.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you made the right choice.