Notices

God I need help...

Old 06-29-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God I need help...

Well these last few days I have completely feel off the wagon with last night being what seemed the worse. Have a few phone calls that I need to make today to a few people that I pissed off last night. Hard alcohol changes me into a person that I am very ashamed of. This site has been a big help and now I am going to look into AA meetings in my area. Depending on what happens I am also going to see if I can get put on antabuse.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just a Sober ******* Now

Good luck with those phone calls. It takes a big person to admit their wrongs.

I've found that AA helps with this topic. Hearing others talk about the idiotic things they've had to apologize for is reassuring. Good luck with everything!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks thekl0wn. Ya last night was difficult to say the least, the one good part though is I havent had anything today to drink. If I can make it through a saturday and sunday without a drink then at least one good thing will come from this.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Steven, another good thing that comes of this is you're helping me not drink. Make your calls, dust yourself off and start again.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dano1975!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What are you going to do differently to be sure you don't jump off the wagon again?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Least, lately for me it has been the stress at work. Its now getting to the point where I am considering finding another job.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steven567 View Post
I am going to look into AA meetings in my area.
I think that soon you will find that is a big step in the right direction.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you will be well on your way

I am going to look into AA meetings in my area.

I am also going to see if I can get put on antabuse.

sounds like you are very serious about stopping

if you start with the two things you have mentioned above

you will be well on your way to a new sober life

Mountainmanbob
Old 06-29-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I do appreciate it
Old 06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Steven

for me recovery rested on me finding the support I needed, and making the changes I needed to make in my life.

follow those up, and give it your all, and I don't think you can go far wrong

D

D
Old 06-29-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Steven. I was at this point when I finally quit. I was so exhausted from all the drama and hell I put myself through. It was never fun anymore - just a nightmare. It felt so good to be free of it. I know you can get there. We are here to help.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn, I do appreciate it.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Well these last few days I have completely feel off the wagon with last night being what seemed the worse. Have a few phone calls that I need to make today to a few people that I pissed off last night. Hard alcohol changes me into a person that I am very ashamed of. This site has been a big help and now I am going to look into AA meetings in my area. Depending on what happens I am also going to see if I can get put on antabuse.
You can stop. Look at each attempt as a stepping stone instead of a complete failure. Its good you are changing up your plan and strategy though. This is crucial to finding the one sober attempt that will really stick. Good luck to you.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hi, Steven! It's great that you're getting back on the sobriety train. About your job, though it's stressful, it may not the reason you drink. It may be a trigger but i know that i drank because i'm an alcoholic. I once thought, like many others, that it was my surroundings that made me an alcoholic. If only i could change all the external factors in my life, i would not drink the way i did. So i changed them. I moved and i quit my job and eventually found a new one in my new state. I changed almost everything in my life. The problem is, i didn't change my insides. My thoughts and my spirit were still suffering from untreated alcoholism. It took me a while to understand that but when i got into AA, it started becoming clear. I had to smash my ego and my hopes of being a normal drinker. For the first time, i looked in the mirror and understood what had to happen and it scared me. Since then, though, i've made progress. Not perfection but significant progress. I can't control my surroundings to a great extent but i can change how i let them influence me. I can change how i react to life on life's terms. I hope you find the solution at AA. Keep an open mind and open heart. Be willing to do whatever it takes and be willing to accept help. Many have found the solution there! You are worthy!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I agree with DG-sometimes you can make all kinds of changes and it doesn't help-your issues with alcohol just come along for the ride.

Try not to beat yourself up too much. Drink a lot of water, take a shower, take a walk to clear your head, and get the calls over with as soon as you can. As hard as they are to make, you are usually making them to drinking buddies or people that were at the party or bar so they understand.

It feels great to never wake up scratching your head wondering what you did or said the night before. We're here for support if you're ready to quit!