Notices

Hi Im Maribell this is day one of recovery.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Hi Im Maribell this is day one of recovery.

I binge drink i can go months without drinking ,, i go to bed at a decent time and get up early and workout before work,, exercise helps alot to keep me away from the booze. Sometimes months.

But once i have that drink, sometimes i can stop at a couple, but most of the time it triggers the binge.

When id binge and we are talking drinking for a solid week or two (not kidding) the more i drank id pass out but would wake in three or four hours. Horrible ,, would continue to drink to get back to sleep. This far in i would be drinking to sleep and to avoid the withdrawl, the craving for it is awful. Ive hit the bottom so many times and in so many ways, im surprised i alway somehow get thru.

I had my last drink yesterday,,so going thru withdrawl,,i didnt even try to sleep yesterday,, cause i know im in for some 2 or 3 days with insomnia. Im tired tonite, will take a unisom ,, usually helps me relax. The sweating doesnt help either.

I think binge drinking is almost worse than a person that drinks every day. Because every time you binge, you go through the withdrawls symtoms. A person who drinks steady every day,, for a long time and decides to quit would go through withdrawl only once ( but im sure it would be ten times worse)

I get the shakes really bad, nite sweats, isomnia the usual.

Im getting chest pains too, and that is scaring me. I know what to expect though been through it too many times to count.

Warm milk help too, just comforting.

I really hoping i have the strength to quit once and for all, so glad i have found this site,, its amazing .
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if your physical state is worrying you, go see your doctor. i am an alcoholic but like you, i binged massively followed by a few days abstinence.

withdrawals can be dangerous.

welcome to SR, there is so much support here it's amazing.

be well.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive had all the symtoms many times before. Only one episodes in the chest.. pretty sure its anxiety. When i go through withdrawl.. i keep my self busy even though i feel crappy. This keeps my mind off the symtoms. The only thing bad today was the shaking in the morning ( its gone ) but tonite its a sweat fest. lol

I ate really well today and i think that helped.

Hopefully this will be the last.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Maribell - I used to drink for weeks too....you'll find a lot of people here who did.

I think it's every bit as damaging as daily drinking - after all, that's essentially what we're doing, just on a shorter timeframe.

Please do think about seeing your Dr - detox really can be rough for some of us.

D
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes, I am familiar with the binge drinking. Once I have one drink, that is it, I won't stop.

This site is awesome! You will get so much help and support here.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
now's the time

Big hug... the couple weeks prior to when I finally quit was a big binge like that. What a terrible feeling. I'm glad you're stopping! You can do this!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome Maribel! I was a binger too and quitting was the best thing I've ever done. What's the plan once your detox is over? How will you stay quit?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We have an addiction center that offers free counselling i will go to. Was there five years ago, did three sessions,, though i was fine thinking i could do this on my own, and quit going. Ya right . Did aa four times, didnt get much from it, i didnt have a sponsor , and quit that. Ive definately been around the block with treatment. I really beginniin to wonder if i can ever beat this, but i have to try.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Originally Posted by Maribell View Post
I really beginniin to wonder if i can ever beat this, but i have to try.
You can beat this! Sheesh, if I can, anyone can. As log as you have a solid plan in place.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hey maribel...

welcome to SR!

yeah, see your doctor if the withdrawls include chest pain... and know that you CAN do sobriety. it takes a plan and hard work, but is so very worthwhile.

stick around, read and post... and take good care of yourself!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's my day 1 too! We can do this!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

please go see a dr. You life is worth it.
My friend just passed away two weeks ago from withdrawl.
Please go
Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Did aa four times, didnt get much from it, i didnt have a sponsor , and quit that. Ive definately been around the block with treatment. I really beginniin to wonder if i can ever beat this, but i have to try.
The first 2 years I was in AA and IT didn't work because I didn't work it! I became honest with myself and for over 30 years it's been working for me and millions others. I needed to examine the words cunning, baffling and insidious regarding alcoholism. BE WELL
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bwjohnson1 View Post
It's my day 1 too! We can do this!
let me know how your feeling. I actually had an ok nite,, fell asleep at about three had nitemares for a bit ( always about broken glass and falling into it so weird) kept waking up from the nitemares.. I would say i got a solid four hours sleep,, which is pretty darn good for day one.. Had the sweats all nite...happy to say i feel much better today,, no shaking,, bit of a headache..but other than that pretty darn good. I up having coffee..and on the computer.. was even thinking of getting out and going for a long walk.

I wish you well and hope everything goes ok for you !

I am going to the dr. todaty ( i was hit as a pedestrian by a truck on fathers day) which started the binge.. but not for this issue.. so she will be doing a full examination anyways. My hubby is driving me..

Glad your here.. private message me if you like
Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thus Day 2 begins

would like to say i feel better today,, i know sleep helped as well as all my vitamins and food.. i will report the chest pains to my doctor..this happens when i drink.. but all sometimes when im not..have a great day everyone !
Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Maribell. I was a a binge drinker too. Congrats on Day 2!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome Maribell! You will find so much support and wisdom here. I know I have. I started as a binge drinker and devolved into a daily drinker who then still binged.

What we all seem to have in common here is that "one drink" often leads to disaster.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

I binge drink i can go months without drinking ,, i go to bed at a decent time and get up early and workout before work,, exercise helps alot to keep me away from the booze. Sometimes months.

But once i have that drink, sometimes i can stop at a couple, but most of the time it triggers the binge.

When id binge and we are talking drinking for a solid week or two (not kidding) the more i drank id pass out but would wake in three or four hours. Horrible ,, would continue to drink to get back to sleep. This far in i would be drinking to sleep and to avoid the withdrawl, the craving for it is awful. Ive hit the bottom so many times and in so many ways, im surprised i alway somehow get thru.

I had my last drink yesterday,,so going thru withdrawl,,i didnt even try to sleep yesterday,, cause i know im in for some 2 or 3 days with insomnia. Im tired tonite, will take a unisom ,, usually helps me relax. The sweating doesnt help either.

I think binge drinking is almost worse than a person that drinks every day. Because every time you binge, you go through the withdrawls symtoms. A person who drinks steady every day,, for a long time and decides to quit would go through withdrawl only once ( but im sure it would be ten times worse)

I get the shakes really bad, nite sweats, isomnia the usual.

Im getting chest pains too, and that is scaring me. I know what to expect though been through it too many times to count.

Warm milk help too, just comforting.

I really hoping i have the strength to quit once and for all, so glad i have found this site,, its amazing .
Hey there, of course you have the strength you quit this. We all do, but the key is finding it within yourself. You can change all of this, but you need a little faith, and massive determination and strength. Asking your higher power for some help never hurts either.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to sobriety. I wish you luck and blessings.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. My quitting date is on Sunday. I have been prepping by pumping myself up at how good I am going to feel in a few weeks. Any words of wisdom?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Is anyone here to help me navigate this site? I am a little confused. Thanks, Stef