Notices

ICE Addict, Need Help.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ICE Addict, Need Help.

Hi im 24 years old male addicted to methamphetamine also known as ice. I started off smoking it, then turned to injecting it. I experienced a psychotic episode also which made me realise alot of what i had been ignoring.
For about 3-4years i was occasionally using every 2nd week, turned into every week, then every 2nd day then eventually everyday.

I have cut down my use to nearly once every week close to 2, but its not enough i keep getting trapped and drawn back to it. I am soley to blame, i know what the right thing to do is.. but always slip away its disapointing

its ruined my life financially, mentally, physically also depresses me its hard

any advice or anyone got a similar story?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh if only I had the magic words. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I am an addict but have never tried meth. Lost my husband to it though. I do know the struggles and it is a hard drug to stop but not impossiable. You have to really I mean really want to quit more than you want to use. Life is wonderful and I hope that you will realize it is worth living clean. Best of luck to you
Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The folks at Narcotics Anonymous will be able to help you. They have been where you are.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Concept

I found a couple of Victorian links that may be of use:
Treatment - Drug Prevention & Alcohol Facts - DrugInfo
For You | Turning Point

Things like Narcotics Anonymous may be helpful too?

D
Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I watched my brother struggle with a meth addiction for years, it is the most evil drug!
I'm so sorry you are going through this experience. You can and will have a better life without meth. I'm sending you good vibes of healing and a beautiful future!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I don't know about meth but I do know that you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm no expert, since I've merely had a struggle with alcohol but, from what you say, you are able to go for a week or two without meth. This may give you an advantage. If I were in your shoes I would do the following, (1) Make a firm resolve to get myself out of this mess and to do everything possible not to pick up this drug again, (2) avoid anyone else who is currently using or who has some reason to encourage me to do it again, "just this once", saying "just one won't matter", (3) get all the medical help possible to deal with this problem, (4) join NA or some other group of recovering addicts who can provide support and insight as to what else you can do. HANG IN THERE AND STAY WITH SR!

W.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are reaching out. My drug of choice wasn't meth but I do know I was able to get clean with the help of Narcotics Anonymous. I feel your pain and I know you can do this....don't give up. Get that evil stuff out of your life.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank yous all for youre supportive and helpful comments it means alot to have such positive advice. One thing i keep in mind is "never giúe up, giving up"
Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cutting down is great and hopefully will lead you to quitting entirely in a short time. I agree that NA may be helpful, also watch out for old friends and old hang-outs as those can be triggers. Delete phone numbers of people who sell or use drugs. Be willing to start fresh with a new group of friends and a new way of living. If weekends are hard, find another hobby you like and try to really get into it... I'm kind of an adrenaline junkie myself so for me it was hiking and scuba diving. Think of all the horrible things this drug leads to - rotten teeth, brittle bones, bruises, scars, scabs, poverty, arrests.... The list is long. Everytime you want to use you need to have this list! Maybe write it down and keep it for reference? Just ideas / suggestions.

One day, one hour, one minute at a time... You can do this. I hope you come back. Good luck and stay strong. The drugs are hard to kick but once you do I promise you will start to feel SO much better overall. I was into heroin and coke and one time... I don't miss the way I felt toward the end it was absolute hell. Take care my friend.