Notices

Day 8 - just got out of jail..

Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Day 8 - just got out of jail..

One week ago, I had court.. My Father told the judge about all the drugs I've been doing, about the not coming home for days, the lying, the stealing.. so the judge sent me to jail and let me tell you that was the worst experience of my life but It really opened my eyes to A LOT of things, and I feel like my connection with my Higher Power is now stronger than ever.. so maybe that needed to happen as horrible as it was.

My Dad bailed me out yesterday, and I'm going to a 28 day in-patient program very soon at this really nice hospital.

You guys don't even know how grateful I am today, for life.. for god.. for those who care about me and support me.. and Sober Recovery of course

So 8 days clean today and I'm just checking in!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 8 days clean and your going to treatment. I hope for the best for you there.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Hi Jake!

Welcome to SR. Congrats on 8 days sober that is awesome! You will find lots of support and help here.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sometimes we do need to fall before we can rise again for sure Jake. I am glad you came through relatively unscathed and with the realization of what's going on around you. Now comes the real hard part - staying clean and making a plan you can follow. I'm sure you'll learn a lot in your in-patient program, keep an open mind. Hopefully you can keep up with us here on SR too, best of luck.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thanks for checking in, and please let us help you make the most of rehab and let us be part of your program afterwards.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days sober. It sounds like you've experienced first hand how alcohol and addiction can tear a perfectly good life apart. Thank you for the update and please keep us updated on your journey. This is a great place for support and encouragement. We're cheering for you.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 days sober and keep checking in. You can do this!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you jakec. You are so young and you have your whole life ahead of you. Make it a good one. Most of the time our struggles and mistakes make us a stronger person in the long run. I wish you the best.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Jake ,
glad you're back .

Thanks for the reminder at how crazy life gets with drink / drugs involved .

Stay strong , M
Old 06-18-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job man ...
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jake, good to see you.

I'm glad you're doing well and plan to go to rehab.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Yea! JAKE!! So many opportunities ahead of you, but first things first.. Take care of yourself and stay sober. Sounds like you had a real wake up call and you're going to take it to heart. We'll be here for you..
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
One week ago, I had court.. My Father told the judge about all the drugs I've been doing, about the not coming home for days, the lying, the stealing.. so the judge sent me to jail and let me tell you that was the worst experience of my life but It really opened my eyes to A LOT of things, and I feel like my connection with my Higher Power is now stronger than ever.. so maybe that needed to happen as horrible as it was.

My Dad bailed me out yesterday, and I'm going to a 28 day in-patient program very soon at this really nice hospital.

You guys don't even know how grateful I am today, for life.. for god.. for those who care about me and support me.. and Sober Recovery of course

I hope you come to the point soon where you are ready to surrender, Jake.

Life will get so much better after you do ...

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jake, sincere congratulations.

Keep being strong, keep being fearless, keep being grateful. The 80-year-old you will thank you for it man.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

jake...

it's good to see you back, and super awesome that you're getting some help in the works. stay strong and keep us posted on your recovery.

and way to go on 8 days!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great job on your 8 sober days, jake.

The jail experience was awful - but could actually give you extra incentive to stay sober. You sound eager and ready to do this. A beautiful new life is waiting for you. Glad you let us know.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can make this your ultimate turn around point Jake

D
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post

I just did a week myself. It was unbearable. The constant loud yelling, pounding on stuff in the bunks, etc. You can't even eat a meal without someone begging you for your milk or something ridiculous like that. Take this very seriously. I have come to the conclusion to stay successful I need to change my friends, and life style as a whole. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stark6935 View Post
I just did a week myself. It was unbearable. The constant loud yelling, pounding on stuff in the bunks, etc. You can't even eat a meal without someone begging you for your milk or something ridiculous like that. Take this very seriously. I have come to the conclusion to stay successful I need to change my friends, and life style as a whole. Good luck.
Isn't it just an awful place? And you're right.. one thing needs to change, that one thing is EVERYTHING.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Been there, done that. I'm never going back and to make sure of that I cannot drink, ever.

I agree, a week in the slammer is an eye opener. I thought my life sucked, then I met a bunch of guys in County who had been there over and over again and some who were facing serious time. Nearly everyone was there as a result of drugs or alcohol. It made me really grateful for what I have and it set me squarely on the path to recovery. I was extremely lucky to have a father who bailed me out and a judge who understood I was serious about tackling my addiction after taking the appropriate steps.

Do not forget your experience. Realize that one drink can put you back there in less than a few hours.