Notices

Feeling Bad

Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Bad

Hello everyone. I have been drinking for 4 days. Today my 2nd sober day. I feel kind of bad. Numbness in hands and legs, tingling and needling, shaking. I have xanax that take care of my anxiety but my physical condition doesnt get any better. I can't sleep. I was wondering how long it will take to numbness go away. Sometime I barely can walk. Is there is anything I can take to ease this. Thank you everyone in advance.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR
If you're at all concerned it really is best to see a Dr Chupakabra.

D
Old 06-14-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to have you join us, Chupakabra.

I don't know about the numbness, but it took me awhile to sleep normally after quitting. I hope you'll stay and keep posting. This is a great place to be when we're concerned about what drinking is doing to us.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WELCOME!!! I also had a horrible withdrawl that included tingling, numbness, lack of sleep and anxiety. Please see a doctor, as there is no shame in wanting sobriety.

Once you get past this horrible phase, you will not want to go back again. If you ever have that evil voice in your head encouraging you to drink, think back to what you are going through now.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree about seeing a doctor for help in getting thru the w/d. It can be dangerous, please be safe.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for warming welcoming. I took a nap. Just for a sleep on my own. Woke up all sweaty but Numbness in hands and legs and tingling is much less. Just feel tired. I just need a good night sleep. I have the medication. I have GAD so I have Trazadon for sleep, Xanax just in case of panic attacks, and Valium. It's just all these feelings scared me a lot. I never felt anything like that. My fingers even were curling, I couldn't even move my thumbs.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by chupakabra View Post
Hello everyone. I have been drinking for 4 days. Today my 2nd sober day. I feel kind of bad. Numbness in hands and legs, tingling and needling, shaking. I have xanax that take care of my anxiety but my physical condition doesnt get any better. I can't sleep. I was wondering how long it will take to numbness go away. Sometime I barely can walk. Is there is anything I can take to ease this. Thank you everyone in advance.
It takes a few weeks to start feeling better. Your nervous system and brain have been damaged my alcohol, so it will naturally take a while for you to start to feel better. You will though, eventually, but you have to tough it out for now.