Notices

Day 19. Itchy, clumsy, liver aches.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Day 19. Itchy, clumsy, liver aches.

What the H E double hockey sticks ???

I'm itching like crazy, bumping various appendages randomly, I have never had pain in my liver area before, but today it felt like it was pumping for lack of a better term.

Also, apparently I set off a trigger i didnt even know i had (gin and tonics???) by using, wait for it, HAND SANITIZER.

Insane craving all early evening. Fought it but jheesh ! And I wasn't hungry, angry, lonely or tired. Just itchy.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

see a doc dude. get it straightened out. it's probably not as bad as you think
Old 06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
What the H E double hockey sticks ???

I'm itching like crazy, bumping various appendages randomly, I have never had pain in my liver area before, but today it felt like it was pumping for lack of a better term.

Also, apparently I set off a trigger i didnt even know i had (gin and tonics???) by using, wait for it, HAND SANITIZER.

Insane craving all early evening. Fought it but jheesh ! And I wasn't hungry, angry, lonely or tired. Just itchy.

Stick with it, your body goes through all sorts of fun things (sarcasm) when you are healing and withdrawing from chemical abuse. It will level out in time, I promise. I felt horrible for a few months, but now I feel great. I got itchy too, I think its a histamine thing when you are in withdrawal. Alcohol effects almost every aspect of your body, mind, and nervous system.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
now's the time

I got the itches, too. Luckily they didn't last too long for me, just a couple of days if I remember correctly. I think Nighthawk's right... something to do with histamine and all your systems over-firing. I found that a topical over the counter hydrocortisone helped me out. I also started taking fish oil supplements, which are supposed to be good for the skin as well as the brain.

As for the hand sanitizer thing... sometimes you just have to laugh, right? Those are the moments where I just kind of look at myself and say "girl, really?!!" I mean, the cravings are still awful... but sometimes I get a kind of dark humor out of it.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Itching, check. Soreness, check. I also had night sweats, and periods of nausea. Looking back now, I realize those were badges of honor—proof that I was pulling away from addiction, and acclimating to a new life. It's a rough start, but wow, it is so worth it. You're going to be glad you waited out the cravings. The only good thing about cravings is that sooner or later, they always pass.

Congrats on 19 days—that's fantastic!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was really itchy too, for like the first month. It was so annoying. I had some bad facial rashes, I think my body went bonkers with the histamine thing.

I can also relate on the trigger. It recently dawned on me that my daily mouthwash is alcohol (Listerine) and I thought that maybe I should be using a non-alcohol mouthwash. I would never in a million years desire to drink it, (the thought is disgusting to me) so that's definitely not the issue, but the thought of having alcohol in my mouth freaks me out now.

Hang in there, it will get better, and congrats, 19 days is great!!