Notices

How My First 2 Days of Soberity Have Gone So Far..

Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How My First 2 Days of Soberity Have Gone So Far..

After doing opiates for over 3 years straight I decided that Monday June 10th,2013 was the day to finally get clean.After getting involved in a bad car accident 3 years ago and got prescribed oxycodone for the pain I have been addicted ever since,first taking them by mouth and then moving onto snorting. On top of having bi-polar disorder,anxiety,and depression(all diagnosed before I even became an addict) my withdrawal symptoms each time have been a rollercoaster of hell for my boyfriend who has suffered so much because of my outbursts of anger.Then Monday came along,after doing 30mg Roxys for the past 2 years straight,and I knew it was time to stop.I snorted my last 30 Sunday night and when I woke up Monday morning the ill feelings began.

Day 1(Monday June 10th,2013): I began shaking non-stop.It is the most annoying feeling to ever experience.Then the hot-cold sweats began.I don't know how many times iI had to change my shirt and my bed sheets.For some reason I have never puked from withdrawals of not having any,and have not done so yet either(this being the longest I have gone without doing pills since June of last year),but the nausea and not wanting to eat settled in quickly.The only things I felt like putting in my stomach where water and coffee(need my coffee no matter how bad I feel).My moods where out right nasty to say the least and my poor boyfriend has had to pay the price(I owe him a big apology when all this passes).I said everything that was on my mind,without thinking before I said it,and pushed my boyfriend off of my everytime he tried to get close to me.The leg pains began to settle in as well,as usual.The only reason I slept good last night was because I smoke every night before I go to bed,the only thing that has helped me sleep in the whole 3 years I have been an addict. But the bad feelings where only getting started.

Day 2(June 11,2013): Today has been absolutely terrible.Dizziness,migraine from hell on the right side of my head,bad back,neck,arm,shoulder,leg aches.My moods has only gotten worse to the point where I laid in bed all day angry at the world,just wishing I had one more pill.Knowing one line would take away all the pain and sickness.But I have once again stuck to the plan of getting clean and today was really the day that I told myself I could do it.It took a lot of time and thinking today for me to come to this conclusion but after what I went through today it can only get better from here and I believe that 100%.My nausea and stomach aches have been from hell but no puking thus far.Still don't want to be touched.I've been going back and forth between throwing covers on me and then ripping them off,cold/hot sweats 10 times worse today.No energy at all.This is the first time since coming down with the flu back in February that I haven't even had motivation to clean my house(I am a neat freak,proberly borfering OCD) and that has killed me because seeing my house not clean stresses me out and withdrawing makes the little things that stress me out 10 times worse.I still have yet to wat something because everytime I think of eating I feel ill.But I feel like I'm starving at the same time.Still able to get and keep fluids down thank God(I hate puking!!). Slept a good part of the day/evening.Plan on smoking here soon to help me sleep again tonight. Hoping I cann get through the night with some good sleep.I will repost tomorrow night of how tomorrow went. Thank you all for reading my long post I truly appreciate it and hope I can find the love and support I desperately need to stay clean.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh I remember everything you just described to well. Hang in there Krys it will get better, your almost there! Stay strong!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by krystlrck View Post
After doing opiates for over 3 years straight I decided that Monday June 10th,2013 was the day to finally get clean.After getting involved in a bad car accident 3 years ago and got prescribed oxycodone for the pain I have been addicted ever since,first taking them by mouth and then moving onto snorting. On top of having bi-polar disorder,anxiety,and depression(all diagnosed before I even became an addict) my withdrawal symptoms each time have been a rollercoaster of hell for my boyfriend who has suffered so much because of my outbursts of anger.Then Monday came along,after doing 30mg Roxys for the past 2 years straight,and I knew it was time to stop.I snorted my last 30 Sunday night and when I woke up Monday morning the ill feelings began.

Day 1(Monday June 10th,2013): I began shaking non-stop.It is the most annoying feeling to ever experience.Then the hot-cold sweats began.I don't know how many times iI had to change my shirt and my bed sheets.For some reason I have never puked from withdrawals of not having any,and have not done so yet either(this being the longest I have gone without doing pills since June of last year),but the nausea and not wanting to eat settled in quickly.The only things I felt like putting in my stomach where water and coffee(need my coffee no matter how bad I feel).My moods where out right nasty to say the least and my poor boyfriend has had to pay the price(I owe him a big apology when all this passes).I said everything that was on my mind,without thinking before I said it,and pushed my boyfriend off of my everytime he tried to get close to me.The leg pains began to settle in as well,as usual.The only reason I slept good last night was because I smoke every night before I go to bed,the only thing that has helped me sleep in the whole 3 years I have been an addict. But the bad feelings where only getting started.

Day 2(June 11,2013): Today has been absolutely terrible.Dizziness,migraine from hell on the right side of my head,bad back,neck,arm,shoulder,leg aches.My moods has only gotten worse to the point where I laid in bed all day angry at the world,just wishing I had one more pill.Knowing one line would take away all the pain and sickness.But I have once again stuck to the plan of getting clean and today was really the day that I told myself I could do it.It took a lot of time and thinking today for me to come to this conclusion but after what I went through today it can only get better from here and I believe that 100%.My nausea and stomach aches have been from hell but no puking thus far.Still don't want to be touched.I've been going back and forth between throwing covers on me and then ripping them off,cold/hot sweats 10 times worse today.No energy at all.This is the first time since coming down with the flu back in February that I haven't even had motivation to clean my house(I am a neat freak,proberly borfering OCD) and that has killed me because seeing my house not clean stresses me out and withdrawing makes the little things that stress me out 10 times worse.I still have yet to wat something because everytime I think of eating I feel ill.But I feel like I'm starving at the same time.Still able to get and keep fluids down thank God(I hate puking!!). Slept a good part of the day/evening.Plan on smoking here soon to help me sleep again tonight. Hoping I cann get through the night with some good sleep.I will repost tomorrow night of how tomorrow went. Thank you all for reading my long post I truly appreciate it and hope I can find the love and support I desperately need to stay clean.

Its great you are doing this on your own, but it might be best to get some medical withdrawl help. Im not sure how opiate detox goes, but I heard it can be pretty rough. Stick with it though, you can do this.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR krystlrck I hope you start feeling better soon x
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with seeing a doctor for help in getting thru the w/d. Might make it a bit easier.