Notices

Week 2 of switching from Methadone to Suboxone

Old 06-07-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Week 2 of switching from Methadone to Suboxone

Hello everyone, this is my first time ever posting here or any other blog. I am looking for support/help on my journey to recovery. This is day 15 of being on suboxone. I had my last 30mg drink of methadone 12 days ago. I was on it for 1 1/2 yrs and tapered down to 30mg. I had NO idea what to expect but I can tell you that I feel very "abnormal". I have always suffered from anxiety/depression but now I BELIEVE I have symptoms of "dyspashia". My last UA 3 days ago was positive for methadone. That was 10 days after my last dose. This is my question. DOES IT GET BETTER?? I am not feeling withdrawals (yay of course), but I am so agitated and have a feeling of being catatonic, low energy and very easily triggered to huge outbursts of anger. I am my doctors FIRST patient to switch from Methadone to Suboxone so there was no information (only a pamphlet from the manufacturer). I needed to hear how it went for other patients but I have nothing. Now I am scouring the web for help and this seems to be a good place to try. I am ONLY asking for people's PERSONAL experiences and if you feel this will pass, if it is "normal" etc. I was also reading a lot of info. today about suboxone being incredibly useful in treatment in depressed patients who were also addicted to opiates. Any information, help/advice is so appreciated
Denise
Old 06-07-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
oak

Welcome to SR. I am glad you found us here.

I don't know what's normal.
These two forums might help.
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I assume it has to get better. But keep your doctor informed of symptoms.

Take good care of yourself!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Denelli

I have no experience with either approach but I wanted to welcome you to SR.
There's a lot of support here

D
Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HI Oak, I wanted to personally thank-you for taking the time to send me those links. I appreciate it, I am so not used to these sites.
Denise
Old 06-13-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, just wanted to thank-you (i know this is late) for welcoming me to the site.
Denise