Notices

day two sober

Old 06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day two sober

so i'm back on the wagon after a two week straight bender. my body feels like **** but this is nowhere near as bad as the first time i quit. last night was filled with cold sweat and shakes but i'm ok now. now i'm just trying to remember how to deal with the boredom. i was clean for a little while and thought i could socially drink but i really did it this time. i blacked out my entire birthday weekend. i don't want to die this way and i'm scared it's going to kill me
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back thelonghaul

I think it's good to think of things you can add to help this time - more support maybe - think about your lifestyle and other further changes you could make too - find new and healthy ways not to be bored...that kind of thing?

D
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by thelonghaul View Post
so i'm back on the wagon after a two week straight bender. my body feels like **** but this is nowhere near as bad as the first time i quit. last night was filled with cold sweat and shakes but i'm ok now. now i'm just trying to remember how to deal with the boredom. i was clean for a little while and thought i could socially drink but i really did it this time. i blacked out my entire birthday weekend. i don't want to die this way and i'm scared it's going to kill me

The fact is, it will kill you. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but it will. Its a disease like any other, and left untreated, it leads to death. FACT. You need to take this more serious and get some self control. I dont usually like to say things like this to people entering recovery, but you are in a critical stage where you really need some help and you have to be proactive about making some changes.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stay sober this time.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Been there. I joined here like 5 years ago and have been sober two and a half years. Took me awhile.
Thanks for doing the research for me and letting me know how it is out there.
What works for me, is thinking of that first drink and where it'll lead me. On and unending drunk.
I was drunk for twenty years. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Remember how you feel now, and realize you never have to feel that way again. Save yourself the misery and take action to curb your drinking. Pray. Go to AA. whatever suits you.
I feel pain when someone makes a post like yours because I've been there so many times.
Sobriety for you is possible. I'm doing it, and I was a unrepentant drunk.

Best to you, and I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I found for me that it was important to not think of the change in my life as "boredom". There is a ton of life to live out there so there is no reason to be bored! What I often confused as boredom was the change that I needed in my life...to have less drama and chaos. Living on the edge is draining....plus you can easily fall off I'm working on stepping outside of my comfort zone to meet more people and do more things. Glad you are here!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for all the insight and positivity and yes, even the tough love from nighthawk. Sometimes a kick in the ass is needed as much as a kind words. today i'm one week sober. used the money i'm saving from skipping booze to join a gym and start getting back into shape. stomach cramps are starting to subside. i was in a world of hurt for a little but i must say visiting my family this weekend, having them see me happy and sober, out weighs the whiskey without a question. Here to stay, here to fight for my life back.