Notices

feeling so emotional argh...

Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy feeling so emotional argh...

I'm on Day 8 today, and this morning I felt really good because:
1) I wasn't hung over on a Saturday morning for the first time in god knows how long...can't remember the last time.
2) I made it to the gym because I wasn't hungover...again, can't remember the last time...
3) It felt like an achievement to make it a week without one drink, and still feeling like I don't want a drink which is pretty huge for me.

But now, a few hours later - I feel so down and defeatist again. Still not wanting a drink, but I feel like I'm so stuck in a rut and that's why I have been drinking so much lately. I know I need to make huge changes in my life, but I don't know where to begin???!!! I have no idea how to live without alcohol in my life and that is really really sad.

Just need a small rant! Anyone else feeling similar maybe?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel fairly positive about the future but i cannot picture my life without drinking. i am taking the advice someone mentioned about going 1 day at a time and for some reason since i decided to quit, my alcohol cravings are more frequent then they used to be its bizarre
Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yeah well I guess it's because you are not allowing yourself to have it!

I had a twinge today but then shortly after felt there was no way I wanted it. Kinda swings up and down.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i do want to drink i want to drink right now i just know i won't like what happens when i do. i''m bored out of my mind at the moment trying to play a video game and hoping i won't get a call about going to this party thats happening tonight
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Kellyrally.

I felt exactly the same at this stage of sobriety. It took some time to get to changes in life. Put your sobriety first, focus on it, let your body and mind cure itself, don't push. And after some time, being sober and having clearer vision you'll make changes in you life.

BTW, you ARE making changes in your life - you are getting sober and getting you life back from gripe of addiction.

Best wishes to you)
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks MidnightBlue. - a good point...just incredibly impatient at times!!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

Kelly
One week is a great achievement. There are a lot of strange stages and feelings. Sobriety is the foundation of progress.getting through the days and weeks is enough early on. Things will come in time.

Recovery has taught me to be more patient, i have a tendancy to want it all now and get too far ahead of myself.

Keep up the good work
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I never tell myself that I CAN'T have a drink because as soon as I do I start craving it.
I tell myself that I don't want a drink. It really helps me.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Accept this emotional roller coaster. It's your body and brain healing. Go with the flow and stay strong so you can stay sober. It will even out. Just give it time.

Be gentle on yourself now. Get a routine going and discipline yourself. Like parenting yourself...

You didn't get here overnight. Give time time.
You can get through this! Congrats on 8 days!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Drinking won't get you out of that rut. At least now you're realizing you're in a rut. I had, and am still having, the same experience. Making huge changes is the end result of lots of tiny little changes. It's like pushing a ship. You can push and push and it doesn't seem to move but eventually that energy will accumulate and it will start to move. That's how I'm handling my various ruts. I'm pushing toward where I want to be. I also know full well I may not end up where I think I'm going which is OK too. I realize I'm being abstract but it's the only way I can wrap my head around my ruts.

Don't let it get you down. Hang in there. Don't give up!!