Notices

Will the B****INESS stop??

Old 05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will the B****INESS stop??

Celebrating 3weeks sober today - YA!!

HOWEVER, I'm quite the cranky B**** in the evenings. No matter how hard I try to put on a smile, be pleasant or actually feel good for being sober I'm not to enjoyable to hang out with.
I have the overwelming feeling to tell my husband to shut-up, ignore my neighbors because I don't want stupid small chat, can't stand my in-laws, won't have phone conversations because it's simply annoying - blah blah blah.

I've always had B**** tendancies but this is ridiculous. Will it stop??? Or am I just a cranky sober and never knew it because I spent so much time drinking while dealing with other people (ouch)?

Either way I'm sober and making clear headed decisions. Maybe I've just surrounded myself with annoying people? (just kidding).
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you need to give it more than 3 weeks Jean

Try to focus on the things you're grateful for - a much better focus than the multitude of things that tick us off.

D
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

What D said. Day 16er here and I feel 'ya. Hyper sensitive and edgy! BTW D, nice double entendre for your sig. (Brains starting to work again!).
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your post cracked me up jean. I am only day 31 so pretty close to where you are in this journey. I will say that I felt very easily agitated everything annoyed me in the begining. Ok more then annoyed me. Now it is starting to settle down. I feel great all day and only get slightly irritated at my witching hour.
I think when we are drinking or at least when I was drinking I really had no true emotions. Sure I laughed cried smiled but I was pretty empty. Maybe the brain is rewiring itself. Give yourself time and walk away when you have to. Being in a temporary state of being pissed off is better then waking up wondering how you embarrassed yourself the night before.
Hang in there😃
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You're in very early recovery, your brain is learning how to function without alcohol, it takes time.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jean I know that feeling. I'm up to 60 plus days but around the 3 week mark I had overwhelming irritation with everybody, and I mean everybody. I live with two generous lovely people but I got wildly irritated with them and found everything that came out of their mouths pointless. It was me, it wasn't them and it passed.

Are you eating well during the day? Plummeting blood sugar won't help. I also found for a few evenings I would have "things to do" on the computer, which meant reading here, it gave me time out and prevented me from b****

Feel free to PM me.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The good thing about quitting drinking is you get your feelings back.
The bad thing about quitting drinking is you get your feelings back.

Our feelings are raw in early recovery. Normal! Just keep doing the next right thing.

I have found out the hard way that it's ok to think all those mean things but I could have saved myself a lot of unpleasant consequences if I didn't voice them. But as alkies we don't like to suffer alone so we have to make everyone around us miserable to.

Once I got into working the steps I began to figure out why that was. Do you have a 12 and 12 book? here's a link. You said you do AA right? Check it out. Don't let anyone at a meeting prevent you from seeking your recovery.

Big Book On Line
Linked With Permission Of AA World Services.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

It took 6 months for my emotions to start sorting themselves out. I am a "glass half empty" cynical, distrustful person. I see the dark cloud and want to know the ins and outs of the angles on the supposed "silver lining". Early on least put me on to the daily practice of gratitude and it has really helped me move on from where i was stuck. Im not cured but I am better. I recommend the gratitude threads to everyone. The effect does not kick in for 30days but it does work and it is powerful.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jean77 View Post

I've always had B**** tendancies but this is ridiculous. Will it stop??? Or am I just a cranky sober and never knew it because I spent so much time drinking while dealing with other people (ouch)?
I dunno...for my ex-wife it lasted for 20 years!:rotfxko

I keed, I keed! She's a sweetie in real life. Don't know how long it will last but it will be better than you being a drunken b*tch!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi Jean

I found B ..... ness and early sobriety went hand in hand. Try and take any opportunity you can to relax ... try and have some you time .. your emotions willl settle down ... at the moment it probably feels like you are on an emotional rollercoaster .. and who has got time for "chit chat" when you fell like this ..
Old 05-25-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am the exact opposite. I was a HUGE bi*ch when I was drinking.
Now people tell me that I'm a completely different person.
My husband says that now he can talk to me without being scared that I'll bite his head off )
Old 05-25-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
. the daily practice of gratitude and it has really helped me move on from where i was stuck
That is the key to my sobriety. Hard to find gratitude in the beginning though. But I did eventually and I am holding onto it.

Take a virtual vacation to Hawaii and relax jean