Notices

Need Help!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help!

I have been with my husband for 12 years but I have known him since the 9th grade. I am 36 years old and we have 4 children together. I have never in life experienced the emotional pain my husband has put me through. I know he is addicted to cocaine he smokes marijuana and drinks day in and day out. He has tried to get clean and has gone 6 or so months only because the kids and I left a couple of times. I love this man with my core and he hurts me so bad. I have always been the bread winner last year in May things got so bad that my mother drove 22 hours from MN to pick us up. I quit my job and gave my car back to the bank because I had enough! It was the hardest thing I had to do! A week later we came back he promised to change things were good for about 3 months and all hell broke. He started leaving me and the kids at home with no transportation for days at a time. His mother had to let me use her car to get the kids back and forth to school. We got evicted and I am now jobless, carless, and living with my mother in law. It will be 1 year in May that I dont have a job and he doesnt keep one. He leaves for days at a time turns his phone off then pops up out of his brain like nothing is wrong. I took vows to love for better or worse I am so confused. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I find myself so sad that I am angry at myself for thinking things would change. Did I mention my mother now wants nothing to do with me and I have no family in GA. My only option would be to take me and my kids and live in a shelter. He is emotionally abusive, lies, steals from me, and I still love him and want to make it work. When he is sober life is wonderful he is a great father and husband but on the drugs he is hateful! He i think is Bipolar and self medicating. I just need sone advise I am so scared to leave because I want it to work!!

Last edited by brooks007; 05-02-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Change titlr
Old 05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Brooks, so sorry to hear the pain you are in. Please check out the friends and family forum Unfortunately your hubby has to want to stop and he will probably keep using as long as he thinks he still has your support. It's no way for you or your children to live. I know you have some tough decisions. I will pray for you. I hope you don't let him steal anymore of your life. You don't have to divorce him if it is a religious belief. But if you stay with him, it just may be till death do you part and that could come sooner rather than later at the rate he is going.

God Bless!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Zee

Originally Posted by deeker View Post
Welcome Brooks, so sorry to hear the pain you are in. Please check out the friends and family forum Unfortunately your hubby has to want to stop and he will probably keep using as long as he thinks he still has your support. It's no way for you or your children to live. I know you have some tough decisions. I will pray for you. I hope you don't let him steal anymore of your life. You don't have to divorce him if it is a religious belief. But if you stay with him, it just may be till death do you part and that could come sooner rather than later at the rate he is going.

God Bless!
I can only say what deeker said, go to the friends and family section... you will get much more advice there xxx
Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You may want it to work but it sounds like he doesn't care if it works or not. He's not behaving like a loving husband and father, no matter how wonderful he is when he's sober. Take a look at our family and friends forums.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-03-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm so sorry.... Do check out the friends and family section. Also, check out alanon and start working on you. For better or worse... I get. But it is a two way street and he isn't coming down that street. Maybe try to reconcile with your mother and move there? Know that if you do that, you can't leave for him again. Best of luck.