Notices

One day at a time

Old 04-22-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One day at a time

I used to feal this pain inside I would ask god why am I alive I guess it was not yet my time to go though inside I knew you were killing me slow finally I began to see the pain and hurt you were causing me I realize that I dont want to die although sometimes I want to cry I know that its ok the pain eventually goes away no matter how bad it feals its ok because it lets me know its real I used you to ignore my problems or forget all you really did was fill my life with regret you made me asshamed of what I did like spend money on you instead of my kid but one day at a time those days are over one day at a time I will be sober one day at a time the struggle will be over one day at a time
Old 04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the community. Yes, one day at a time, and if need be one minute at a time. I can tell you that the work leading to recovery is well worth it. After drinking and using for over 40 years I now live a life much better than I could have ever imagined.
I am truly living. Experiencing life with it's ups and downs......and believe me there have been some downs. But I have survived it all and I didn't drink or use.
I have been in recovery since 8/21/07....one day at a time.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Taking recovery one day at a time makes this long difficult journey manageable and less daunting. When you look at it as a whole "I will never use/drink ever again" the walls tend to close in and the negative thoughts start to flow, but looking at it as "today I will not use/drink" is do-able, it's a small goal that can easily be met, and best of all..that one day at a time ends up turning into a lifetime

Although it is scary when you start the journey to recovery, the rewards are so great they can't be described. Keep moving forward and taking it one day at a time...this is one decision you will never regret!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family from a fellow Buckeye.