Notices

Help

Old 04-15-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

Today is the 4 year anniversary of one of the worst days of my life. Driving home at 2 o'clock in the morning in a drunkin rage because of a relationship that had been doomed from the beginning.. And it nearly cost me my life!! Only by the grace of God can i stand here and tell this story and say that not only did I make it out alive but I was the only one involved in the accident.
Now I wish I could say that from that day forward, I was done with alcohol and I never looked back again.. But I can't It actually got MUCH worse after the accident bc at 24 years old, I moved back home and into my parents house bc I was unable to take care of myself for a good 6 months bc I broke my back in 2 different places along with my left arm and clavicle. I went in to a pretty deep state of depression bc I felt like a loser and quite worthless so I started drinking, yet again.. Trivializing my behavior all the while still in my neck brace bc of my drinking. I know I have a problem and I had been very successful in quitting for about six months all by myself until this past week.. And I've drank myself to sleep 2 nights straight. I feel so incredibly alone at the place in at right now and like nobody gets it.. It would be nice to get some feedback, thoughts, suggestions, criticisms, etc. Anything!!!
Thank you!<3
Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope for change

You are not a loser. Keep on ur path. 6 months sober? That's incredible , u give me hope that a current loser ( me) who can't go I've ween
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hope for change

[QUOTE="Itsmytime1234;3917937"]You are not a loser. Keep on ur path. 6 months sober? That's incredible , u give me hope that a current loser ( me) who can't go I've week can possibly make it longer
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hope for change

Originally Posted by Itsmytime1234 View Post
You are not a loser. Keep on ur path. 6 months sober? That's incredible , u give me hope that a current loser ( me) who can't go I've ween
Week*
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Booze can be scary, and it's scary to be without it, too. But we understand what you're going through.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keep coming around here, 85, we've all felt like that before....
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
now's the time

Originally Posted by chrissyfletch85 View Post
I know I have a problem and I had been very successful in quitting for about six months all by myself until this past week.. And I've drank myself to sleep 2 nights straight.
"I know I have a problem. I have been very successful at quitting, and have six months of sober time which I accomplished all by myself. This past week I've been having a bit of a slump and I've drank myself to sleep two nights straight, and now I'm reaching out for help because I know I don't want to go back to where I've been."

There, fixed it for you.

You're doing great! You're taking this seriously, you're not making light of it. That's important. But don't go too far in the other direction and beat yourself up. You slipped. Learn from it, and move on. You haven't lost those sober six months. You still accomplished that! Put this slip behind you and keep going.