How crazy can they get?

Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How crazy can they get?

I know we are all on this forum trying to put our lives back together and that this is a 'disease' we are all dealing with.

I was about to say that I listen when people tell me I have a problem - but that can't be true as so many times recently I have sensed or been told by those close to me that they are so relieved I have 'finally' decided to get help and distance/leave AH. Here come the 'but' or maybe its just a rant.

During the many years with AH I often - many many times felt jealous and hurt at the way he seemed to choose/care more for his mother over me - skip forward to now - he is being asked very publicly by a lawyer appointed for his mother to either account for the money or return the money he took from her last year. This is all being done in a chain mail which my children are included in - I am not and Thank God for it in a way. He does not seem bothered by this and is refusing to answer questions about returning the money. (Btw I know that some of this money is what he is now trying to use to pay another lawyer to divorce/harass me!) - but feel guitly about blabbing on him.

I guess I am wondering how do you get to this stage where - he is now fighting multiple battles on multiple fronts and has fallen so far in terms of morality. Even though it brings it home to me that it's not personal I am still so shocked/hurt that I am connected to this 'strange person'. My daugher visited me recently which is how I know all this and said - things don't look good for him. I feel he is well ....stealing from his own mother. It feels awful. I imagine that in time these things will bother me less - but it's still so hard to see your previous bestfriend/soul mate in this horrible light. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, he was probably always fighting multiple battles on multiple fronts in his mind. They just haven't come out until now.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can see how sad that would make you. I'm not sure it will ever become less sad exactly, but hopefully you will be able to feel more distance from it--if that makes any sense.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got an email today - he wants me to pay him for showing people around our house if I insist on the sale!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

does your email have the DELETE function?

send him some cardboard and a marker and he can go hit other people up for money. what a lowlife.