Anxious

Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious

It's 8:56 am and I'm feeling anxious. My wife has been able to call me once a day, usually in the morning but today she has a court date today. Court shall determine if she is going back for life as the state is asking for, or come home after whatever sanctions they impose. Anywho, she may not get the opportunity to call home because she is in transit or they don't let herout of her cell until the transport comes or...

And so, though her fate is determined today, I can't find out till she calls and regardless of whether she can call today or not - I probably won't find out what her fate is until tomorrow because even if she can call today, it'll be before the closed hearing.

She said goodbye yesterday. It was cryptic as our conversation is monitored, but it nevertheless was goodbye in the event that she gets life. She's done twenty-four years; she isn't going to do another twenty-four. I knew that about her already...so, basically waiting to hear whether or not she's got the death penalty...and I can't figure a way I'll find out before tomorrow and the idea that I may have spoken to her for the last time yesterday is starting to push aside any other thoughts and any attempt to stay in the here and now.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

In the unwanted termination of contact with a loved one, I try to imagine what that person's better thinking would choose for how I should respond, short-term and long-term.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Courage, legna. Bravery is at its best when needed most. Fear can be ignored, dismissed, placed aside, once recognised. I'm so sorry for you and your wife's present challenges. Hold on, seek a deeper inner peace thru this storm, legna.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."

xo
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

12:48 and I just hung up the phone. The state has rejected the recommendation of the Department of Corrections. Long story incredibly short, she will be coming home next week while awaiting a treatment bed.

I'd like to personally fly around the world and give each of you a hug for the support that you've given me. It has meant more to me and has been a greater source of strength than I can adequately convey. Thank you.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Omg this is wonderful news! I'm going to push out copious amounts of positive energy toward you both.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just now was able to read this legna. Along with soberlicious I am sending truck loads of positive energy to you and your wife.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im in a very emotional state myself, but I started to cry when I read your good news. I can only imagine how you must feel to know she has another chance to embrace all thats good in life. And you have another chance to embrace her.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That really is beyond awesome Legna, hope she finds happiness and peace of mind with this new beginning. Best wishes to both of you.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Angel, hold her close, keep a firm grip, don't let her get away
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile

Legna,

I just now read your story in the "my story" thread. Awesomely interesting, surprising, and powerful. Karma is so often such a beautiful experience, eh?!

You're a truly well rewarded, lucky man. It didn't come free, but it did come, gracing you with real freedom. Awesome beyond words. It looks good on you!

So very good to hear the wonderful news about your wife, legna. Way awesome, again, eh!!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dear legna,

I was feeling suicidal (briefly) yesterday...coming on here to see what SR people are going through / getting through, and THIS - YOUR incredibly painful story....well, I just bow down.

You and your wife are such an inspiration to many of us, I believe.

Big hugs from me in Aus to you guys.
x
Vic
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Legna,
When I saw Robby's post, I read your story in the Stories of Recovery section. 'Miracles' are rare in this life, and sometimes are miracles of coincidence, but miracles nonetheless. My heart is overwhelmed by your story and the wonderful news about your wife. Thank you so much for sharing.

RDB...the 'plus3' are my wife and kids.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, great news! Wishing you two all the best.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

legna,
i've read your posts, but never knew how to respond, so didn't.

from the bottom of my heart, full of relief at this turn of events.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

What wonderful news. Thanks for sharing. Keeping both of you in my thoughts.