What to expext?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to expext?

My ABF is in jail and has been for going on 4 months. While in jail he signed up for a substance abuse program. It's a 12 week program and he has 5 weeks left. Last week I noticed a change for the good in him. He may be coming home soon we aren't sure. What do I expect when he gets out. I'm a little nervous about seeing him and being around him and stuff. But I'm very excited! Any feed back from what anyone has experienced would help!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, what does he say?
A lot of people sign up for programs in jail because it looks better for release. If he has to got probation once he gets out, it looks better to have some type of a certificate. Also, a lot of people go to programs because it's an opportunity to get off the range and see guys from other ranges.
What kind of a "change for the good" did you see?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well he didn't want to do the program. But he did it because he knew he needed to. He just says that he's released a lot of negativity that he has and that he can have fun with out mind altering substances. He just seems happier.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope all goes well! I kind of see a red (maybe pink) flag when you say he doesnt really want to do the program, but knows he HAS too. Also, he is only refaining from his drug of choice because he is in jail and has no choice. I hate to sound cynical but I heard the same crap from someone not too long ago. Good luck to you both.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's happy he is in the program.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The experience I have with my AS was that he "said all the right things" from jail (last July). He got out and moved into a sober house. Got kicked out of there in 3 weeks. Went to another one, got kicked out of there for using within 2 weeks. Then went to another (stricter one), got kicked out twice within 2 months. He's been in and out of "recovery" since then and continues to struggle. He's never worked a good program although he goes to meetings sometimes. He thinks he can drink and/or smoke weed and still control his heroin addiction. He can't.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh sorry to hear that