Trying to limit contact

Old 04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to limit contact

So I moved into my new home on Friday! The kids are really adjusting well. And my extended family and friends have been amazing. It’s a great home for my kids and I and I am proud to have the resources to provide it to them.

However I can’t go NC with my ex (who is addicted to vicodin) because my baby is his baby too. And he really loves our son. That is the one thing that the addiction didn’t ruin. (yet)

I let him come visit yesterday, and it was really hard to see him. He is in such a state of denial, its kind of pathetic. He texted me after the visit and said it was hard leaving the baby. I wanted to say, “well ******* that’s what you wanted!” He has convinced himself that we are incompatible because I don’t hunt. Ugh ok. And that me snooping is a bigger problem than his drug use/women issues.

Oh and I guess he found out that his work physical results indicate possible liver damage. The director of HES is going to talk to him today when he gets to work. Not sure how he is going to explain that one.

I need to be able to find a place where I can effectively communicate with him regarding our son, but nothing else. Any tips?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gertie, is there anyone else you can have there to supervise the visits, another family member perhaps? That would allow him to visit his child but leave you free from his" blame/shame anyone but him" game.

Or perhaps set a boundary that he can visit the child only if he is respectful to you.

You are worthy of respect,, and you can make boundaries about what is and what is not okay in your world.

Hugs