Notices

Nobody said it would be easy....

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nobody said it would be easy....

Nobody said it would be easy when I signed up for this thing called LIFE...Hey Now, I DIDN'T sign up for this, I was thrust into this through a traumatic event including pain, blood, and messy bodily fluids - called birth. Many people have endured much worse events than me, but I have had my share of pain and misery, much of it self-inflicted through selfish behavior and addiction. Most of it I was not even aware of until Life slapped the $&!+ out of me and screamed, WTF are you doing?

I am now walking upright, and SOBER. People are spitting on me and railing at me. I am on a treacherous climb with rocks slipping out from under me as I slip and fall and get back up. I am black & blue & bloody. Demons keep grabbing and clutching at me, out from crooks and crags and bogs. Even the deepest part of me keeps whispering, 'we deserve a drink', or screaming out, 'I need a drink to cope with this'. It is a treacherous trek for me, coming out of my addiction, but I am walking upright, and Sober.

Thank God I have a few other afflicted souls to encourage me, some of whom have made it to a higher ground. The Sober Recovery Community is a big part of that, and I GREATLY APPRECIATE the support and encouragement.

RDBplus3
Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you also help
Old 03-19-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep on climbling! We are all on the same mountain as you just at different levels on the trek upwards!! I am just starting & hoping to find positive reinforcement on this site!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well put.. keep on climbing, that's all you can do.