And it just gets worse!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And it just gets worse!

I talked to my husband's mother in law earlier and she told me that she has finally realized that her son has a problem. She said that she just figured out (last night) that he snorts the pills that she has been giving him. She said that she never sees him take them and that he always goes in the bathroom or bedroom and closes the door. She said that she can hear him snorting them and that he comes out wiping his nose. Thank God that she's finally out of denial. She said that recently he was drunk sitting at the kitchen table (while she had company over) and he cut open a pain patch and sucked out the gel.They were all horrified. She said he kept nodding out and couldn't even stand. I DID NOT KNOW HE DID THAT!!! His mother didn't seem to think is was a problem to orally take pain pills but she's messed up about his snorting.She said that she now realizes that some of her new health problems over the last month are from the stress over his addiction. She said she is going to confront him and put him on the streets if he doesn't get help.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is addiction, you are always chasing that first high…
Addiction is progressive, and sadly he will get worse unless he can find a way out.

You have got to get the focus off of him, it is so important.

And I do hope that his mom really gets it now and stops helping him to feed his addiction.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It might feel worse but to me it actually sounds like things might get better. She's been his biggest enabler, right? So it's good news that she has figured out he has a problem.

(((Hugs)))
I know it sucks but there is hope for the future because she might just get out of his way now.

-Hanna
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree that at least she is seeing the light. I really hope he gets helps soon, it is just so sad to watch them spiral down.

Hugs
Old 03-17-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You may not have to worry about him much longer if he's sucking the gel out of patches. I know of someone, 33 yrs old, who did that last year Fentanyl (sp?) he didn't wake up. So sad for his mother, his wife had already left him after doing everything she could to help him. They were college sweethearts, had a beautiful wedding, worked like crazy and built a very successful business and in just a matter of a couple of years of him turning to drugs they lost everything and he lost his life. ):
Old 03-18-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If confrontation snapped anyone out of addiction, likely none of us would be here.

If she confronts, he will likely deny or promise to get help and the cycle continues.

So much has be posted about him and her. What part of this dance do you control?