Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

My problem with pill use that i want to fix. Subs im taking and i need advise .

Notices

My problem with pill use that i want to fix. Subs im taking and i need advise .

Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My problem with pill use that i want to fix. Subs im taking and i need advise .

Hi my name is Bryon. And well i was reading a lot of post on this site. i need your help some advise if you don't mind. I have had a pill problem for a year now i have tried to stop but its so painful. so i wanted to know how you did it. i have a lot of people trying to explain different ways to do it but its just hard. I been doing Subs for about 2 months now but when i went to stop the pain was worse i only make it til the second day and i give up because i cant eat cant move don't want to do anything. and i work so it don't help i dropped down to a quarter a day to ween myself down hoping to be less painful when i stop. someone told me to eat a lot and Vitim water lots of it. Did you go a couple days and then do like a quarter so you could get by. like i did quit one time and i went 3 days and took something and after that i was good i started up again because I'm stupid. well i need to really stop now and i need friends that been through it to help me. i come from a really bad family i lost my sister on her 21 birthday and well i don't want to be like the rest of my family they are all into needles and well i don't want to be like them we don't speak anymore because they need help and they don't want it like me. I'm hoping you could give me a hand if you could i need change and i want my life back.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................:

Last edited by bryonphillips12; 03-14-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I forgot this
Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Byron

Have you thought about seeing a Dr, or going to a recovery group like NA?
Both of those things seem to help a lot of people here?

D
Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

glad you found SR, bryon!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to start NA but I want to focus on stopping but I have a full time job and I can't days off
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I need strategy to learn how to stop without relapse.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think something like NA (or another recovery programme) would really give you that - I appreciate it's hard to make time, but y'know - how much do you want to stay sober? how much effort are you prepared to make?

we also have a substance abuse forum here you may be interested in as well byron:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

AA AA Meetings in Wildwood NJ - Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings

NA http://www.narcoticsanonymousnj.org/...gs/radius5.asp

You can go any time you want, you don't need to stop first!

Say hello to Wildwood for me, I haven't been there in ages and spent many summers there!