Notices

Its a war

Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a war

I have come to the conclusion that my family is in an energetic war. There is a lot of negativity around my husband and myself. We generally operate in a positive manner, but lately things seems to be crumbling left and right, with negative people coming in out of nowhere. I need a bow and arrow. I need to shoot these negative people with positive thoughts and love..... God help them.
I was around one of the most stressed out people I have ever been around today. My muscles locked up so much that i found myself unable to breath at times. This is not the freshly sober me experiencing things. This is me experiencing some serious negative S##T that is unbelievable. I was literally so tense that i had to take a bath and take some Stress Guard and write it out and call my sponsor and call my husband and pray and and and and ....... Holy CRAP! My goal is to be healthy and sane. Not unhealthy and insane..... God help me as i adventure out there in the world with all these crazies. Amen.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found that I attracted a lot of negativity and negative people during the last of my drinking days.

It took a while, but things shifted as I shifted and some amazing positive things started to happen...and amazing positive people started to come into my life.

I'm sure it will happen for you too Miz

D
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New and learning

((((((((((((( big hugs )))))))))))))))
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi Mizzuno,

I started listening to speaker tapes when I'm feeling the way you describe. I am insane pretty often so Ive listened to lots of speaker tapes Theres so many great tapes out there, I started with the Joe and Charlie Big Book study and kept digging from there. I listen to em everywhere now right on the xaspeakers website or youtube on my phone. I learn something new every time and they help me stay grounded.

One way or another you absolutely can navigate through these situations and maintain sobriety, grace and dignity. The last few sentences of page 66 through page 67 in the Big Book are another huge help I have used a lot in this short period of sobriety.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

pages 66 and 67
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The longer you stay sober the easier it will become to deal with .

Remember to draw on the pools of positivity in you life and try not to let it get to you .

Learning to drop others resentments and swiftly dealing with my own has been crucial in me staying happy and sober in the now ,

Bestwishes, M