I cant sleep!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cant sleep!!!

Am I the only one on who's this mess combined with stress developed pretty strong insomnia?

For the past 2-3 months ive been sleeping 4-5 h per night, waking up every 2h ish. Then I end up like a walking zombie next day...
I tired to force myself to go to sleep earlier. Read some books, watch movies, simply relax or even try to make myself physically tired. But there you go 2am and i a pretty awake.

I don't want to go on pills, but i started to condider it...
Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. I'm going on about 5 years of very little sleep. For me the anxiety keeps my brain racing and I can't sleep. What helps sometimes is thinking of good things. I think of my boys and things that they do that bring joy and it helps somethimes to calm me down and have happy thoughts. Other times, i actually get up and journal. The process gets the thoughts out and on paper and it seems to help. Good Luck.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not above taking Benadryl to help me sleep if I have gone for several days without proper rest. I don't make a habit of it and it doesn't have side effects for me like I imagine traditional sleeping pills could...but when I'm desperate for some solid sleep because of all this addiction drama going on in my life, that's what I do.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The only thing I have heard is to not stay in bed and don't look at screens books or writing only relaxation/meditation technics can help too good luck I know it's hard!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried meditation yesterday for 30min ish. Didn't help. I felt asleep around 5am

Are there any hrebs based pills? Or anything related to natural medicine?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Melatonin is a supplement some people use to help with sleep on a regular basis.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've struggled with terrible sleeping patterns and full blown insomnia off and on for years. I've tried so many different "solutions" I couldn't list them all.

No doubt, the most effective for me involved diet and excercise. If you've been dealing with it for days / weeks, it can be hard to find the energy, focus and motivation to actually work out or visit a gym, but from noon on, eat a few light meals, try to limit anything heavy or greasy. Limit caffeine and alchool. But most importantly, at some point in the evening, any form of light excercise. Take a walk, get outside and do some yard work, do some stretching, almost anything. Feeling good makes it easier to stop thinking about the stress and any outside troubles.

As I've learned, what works for one doesn't work for all, but it's helped me.

Good luck
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stucna View Post
Am I the only one on who's this mess combined with stress developed pretty strong insomnia?

For the past 2-3 months ive been sleeping 4-5 h per night, waking up every 2h ish. Then I end up like a walking zombie next day...
I tired to force myself to go to sleep earlier. Read some books, watch movies, simply relax or even try to make myself physically tired. But there you go 2am and i a pretty awake.

I don't want to go on pills, but i started to condider it...
Pills should never be the long term answer ever .. maybe an ambien every other night for two weeks would get you on schedule... if its just anxiety then maybe the doc can give you klonopin or ativan at night... if you don't want to do that then talk to a psychologist
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

cheers guys, i will speak to a doctor and try your advices as well!

you are all amazing!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is to much!

Yesterday i felt asleep at... 10am. So actually today. I woke up at 12 wanted to vomit for no reason. And felt asleep again and woke up now, at 3pm. And I start work in 2h! It's 8h working

I'm off to see a doctor...
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good idea to see your doctor! I put off going to mine to get my blood pressure meds refilled. I knew it wasn't good. I slept on about the same schedule as you. It was a nightmare.... and when I did sleep I had vivid nightmares that would wake me... I should have not put off going to the dr. Bad news is she had to double my bp med. good news is. I felt better in about 2 days. And she gave me something to sleep.... that I hide from my AH by the way