Notices

How to get past day 1... or two or three, ect...

Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to get past day 1... or two or three, ect...

So I have no trouble not drinking for a day or two. I feel great, even proud... then the next day comes and "bam" I'm buying booze again! Not much,but enough to get me "tipsy". I absolutely HATE how I feel when intoxicated which is why I can't understand my desire to drink. If there is such a thing as an "alcoholic voice" I certainly have one and the voice is strong. I truly HATE IT!! I'm so frustrated right now I could cry!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We drink because we are alcoholics.
We are powerless over alcohol.
Truth is most people can not do this on their own, They need some sort of a support system. And to be in contact with those that have been through this before us, to guide us & help us understand, so in turn we can do the same for the next alcoholic that is still suffering.
You started here, hope you can read some great stuff here & keep accepting & asking for help, IT IS OUT THERE, if your willing to ask & accept.
Peace
~Jules
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just started day one again today, on my way home I passed a gas station and the craving started. A feeling, an obsession, with the idea of getting bear. I just distracted myself and drove on by and once by the thought of turning around was in my head for the next 6 miles. It is never fun and I have only ever been able to go about a week until I feel "proud" and feel like "rewarding myself". Of course once I do I realize I hate it and the process starts all over, sometimes lasting one day, sometimes a week, but never true recovery. I am so sick of it too. I hate it.

-R-
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hi Girl,
I undstd to some extent u're dillema & frustration coz I've relapsed before. My question to you is do you have a sponsor, are you working the steps, going to meetings etc I'm determined to not go back coz the pain is not worth it! I love sobriety & have made it my top priority..Make a decision that you will stick w/ it, get w/ it, you might just get it!
Wish you the best
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Posting here everyday helped me rack up the days Bamagirl...its much harder to give into that impulse when you put some time into fighting I think

Welcome to SR

D