Notices

anixiety overload

Old 02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anixiety overload

I'm at work... It's slow... here. But in my head I am freaking out. I posted the other night about finding a march schedule without my name on it. They said nothing to me today. People are trying to help me see the positive side. But the anticipation is KILLING me!!! There's nothing to do but wait until they update me... I know worrying won't help... But I can't come to grips of it.

I'm trying to be calm. But I feel the anxiety building up rapidly. This is normally when I'd grab a drink....

What do normal people to to calm down?!?!?!

This is seriously effecting me.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Change is hard especially for us. What I've learned, however, is that change that happens when I'm sober generally is for the best. Maybe you have a gift or a talent that would be better suited for a different job. Drinking isn't really going to make the anxiety go away. It just numbs you out for awhile and then it is worse; at least it always was for me!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Change is hard especially for us.
Drinking isn't really going to make the anxiety go away. It just numbs you out for awhile and then it is worse; at least it always was for me!
This is a true story... But then we always try to trick outselves to believe otherwise don't we? :/

Thank you for the words of wisdom... I need to remember this!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

And, look at it this way. You're going through a really tough, stressful time right now. Getting through this sober is going to give you so much confidence in yourself. Hang in there!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really had to work hard to let go of outcomes I had no say in....

half the time I was so wound up by what I feared would happen by the time something happened, or didn't happen, I was like a live hand grenade.

Maybe you'll be moved into another position, maybe you'll be let go, maybe nothing will happen at all...but worrying won't change the outcome, melivin.

It's not being callous or devil may care- it's just accepting that the decision is going to be made, one way or the other.

do something good for yourself tonight - buy a treat or take a bubble bath, watch a funny movie...

and best wishes for a good outcome tomorrow

D
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yup, I used to use alcohol to relieve my anxiety and was so much more anxiety ridden the day after, ugh. Now, I read, watch a brainless movie or sitcom, take a tub...

What helps me when I am really worried about something beyond my control is thinking that no matter how much I send myself into a tailspin about it won't change anything. The outcome is the outcome so why torture myself. Hugs to you, hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I Exercise, Run get your circulation moving... Simple but effective.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys. A bath sounds awesome right now.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wanted to follow up with the outcome:

I was fired and I made it through without drinking. Thanks for your support guys.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sorry you were let go but congrats on staying sober!! I used to use any excuse (big or small) to keep or return to drinking. The greatest thing is that because you are sober you will be able to move forward and plan what happens next