Notices

What is considered "early recovery"?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is considered "early recovery"?

I understand how vitality important to take care of oneself in early recover. I learned this in rehab a year ago.

My question is how do I deal with a relapse? More so I mean relapse(S)?
I can imagine after so many I just won't get any help from my family. Very understandable!

Can someone tell me when and what is considered "early recovery"?

Get me off this roller coaster!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

PK--IMO it takes as long as it takes. And I know what you mean by the roller coaster ride.
For me, I still seem to be on that ride and I have almost 2 years sober. There are signs for relapses, like falling back into old behaviors you had when drinking or using. You have to watch for these tell tale signs and stop yourself before you go too far and are tempted. Of course you probably know from rehab, to stay away from people, places & things you did while drinking....
Old 02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's an individual thing. I think at about 3 months I felt like I was quite secure with myself. Relapses are not a necessary part of recovery. I think once you really believe that alcohol is not an option, ever, your mind will start to work in healthy ways to help you deal with life. It isn't easy, but you can do it.

And, if relapse comes along, let us know because we do understand that this is really hard and we're here to help.