Notices

Newbie on Board

Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie on Board

Hey guys. I go by Akira. If your wondering yes I got the name from the anime. I wouldn't call myself an alcoholic. I don't see myself as dependent on it, all though at times it helps when I become stressed out. On average I drink 2-3 times a week. The most I can drink is a fifth of vodka. I probably pull that off once every 3 months though, but I can do it at any given time. I do believe I have a dilemma with alcohol though. Like I said before, I don't feel like I need it to go on with my day, but it helps me from snapping when I have issues at work or at home. I've been having too many of those as of late and I think it might be some minor form of withdrawal now.

Well, that's pretty much my story as of now. I'll be around.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR X
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Akira

I think that any kind of reliance on alcohol to help us cope could be seen as a dependence. You don't have to be an alcoholic to change your relationship with alcohol, you don't have to drink x
Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Welcome to SR Akira

I think that any kind of reliance on alcohol to help us cope could be seen as a dependence. You don't have to be an alcoholic to change your relationship with alcohol, you don't have to drink x
I actually just talked about this with someone at a retreat I am attending for the weekend. It will be healthier for me to just handle the problems head on for now instead of resolving to drinking so I don't hurt someone's feelings or give them a negative outlook on myself. Better than killing myself or someone else due to not controlling myself thanks to alcohol.

thanks for stopping in to say hi too
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Akira. You are always encouraged to share and you did that just fine. Keep reading and posting if you need to. SR will help you sort it out.