Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I feel the need to tell AH he will not screw me over.........

Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

but what is the point. He wants me to just sign the house over to him - I live here now paying for it all but want to leave this neighborhood as he is 4 houses down with his folks. He is 50 but acts like he is 10 - he told me they - meaning Mommy and Daddy and him want me to just sign the house over to him before I move out. I have an attorney - trying to not jack up fees until I have to use her as I have kids in college and support myself on 100% commission. Anway- I am just venting - I came here before I called him to say - Look here AH - I am not just signing this house over to you - I don't care what you or your family thinks of me - I need to get what is rightly mine and if that means I force the sale so neither of us can have it - so be it - ps - when I saw you the other day- your bald spot is bigger ------------- it made me smile. No that last part was ugly and I would not say it - but I just smiled .............. Be nice Susie!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs and thanks!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"No." is a complete sentence. You can say "No" and you don't need to explain, justify, rant, rationalize, etc. So when he asks again about you signing over the house, just say "No" and be done with it.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You go for what is rightly yours & don't let anyone stop you.
One day all this BS will be behind you.
Hugs.

PS: The bald spot comment cracked me up, funny as.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

if your name is on the mortgage you can't simply "sign it over" to him. yes you can sign over the deed to the property (quit claim deed) but your name is ON the mortgage until it's sold or refinanced.

you mentioned wanting to move away. think about that carefully - if that is your desire, what is the BEST path to get there? forget about competing with him, or who wins....how do YOU and the kids get to that better place?

don't add fuel to the fire. don't give him any ammunition. rise above sweetheart, rise above.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know - I didnt explain all of that correctly. I am a Realtor and am on the deed and the mortgage - I know how it works. He wants to get his parents to buy the house therefore buying me out - my point was they want me to make zero money as he put down the down payment but I have paid the mortgage ever since. We do have equity but attorneys will have to handle it - I have an attorney - I am not competing with that idiot- I just will not let them bully me anymore - My kids are not his - thank God - his kids have disowned him pretty much. I will move - but won't be pushed out because he is throwing a tantrum- quite content here with my son and old dog who probably won't live long- I will rise above and have - I am standing up to his spoiled ass and his enabling family. Thanks for input though - I have to stay angry to move forward - I have allowed myself to be pulled back in too many times- this anger is good to keep me motivated.