a heavy heart in thought

Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

a heavy heart in thought

Recently someone I knows husband has passed away He was on the wrong path and was addicted to drugs. He leaves behind one child.
As a teen I had a best friend whos parent was taken by drugs...throughout her life she lived from rehab to jail to streets. Embarking on a dangerous journey for herself and her many children.
As a teen I saw the downward spiral first hand of an alcoholic whom would injure herself accidently while intoxicated...who was incoherent and sick. Where she is now I dont know.
As a teen I met a boy who became consumed by drugs that he was half his normal body weight ...went to jail and remains so.
As an adult I met another alcoholic...sweetest man ever trying to find salvation ....I see him occasionally. Some days not so good others top of his game. He tries but on his worst days
The happy man who lights up the room becomes filled with suicidal and depressing thoughts.
As an adult I fell for a man with abundant potential proven to me everyday with goals he not only set but met. A man who not knows his worth but shows it in his capabilities
Yet underneath the strive is a man torn inside fighting demons of addiction.
Wanting to hold his hand but know I cannot. Hoping he shines as he has before.

As a mother I think about addiction. ...not because ive experienced it, saw it or live it
But because I know it exists. Reality is its everywhere even if we think someones ok...
Truth is they very much might not be and when we see the signs we walk tippy toe on eggshells to help them.
As a mother I hope my children dont live the life as others have.
As a spouse I am thankful everyday I get to see talk and hold him.
As a friend im hopeful they will reach out if they need too.

As a human being I am sad about the loss and pain others feel.
Here I am thinking about the loss ive seen in people...those I once knew well...
Those I know well now ...those ive never even met and those who are so close it hurts.

I have alot on my mind today. Im sad . Not for me. No not today.
Today im just sad for others and I wanted to post something for them.
God bless the angels in heaven and the beautiful people who dont know they are on earth.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Look after yourself today.
Be kind to yourself.

I think you must be a very loving and caring person to write about all these people and the impact addiction has had on their lives and feel great sadness.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That kind of made me cry a little. I know one of those people too.
Patmamma