Notices

New and looking for support and guidance

Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jkh

New and looking for support and guidance

Less than two weeks ago, my world fell apart when, in the course of a couple days, I found out that my husband has been living with another woman while pretending to be on business trips for a job he made up. Other things that have been revealed since are his addiction to prescription painkillers, a gambling addiction, and all signs point to a meth addiction. He left us with no money and thousands of dollars in unpaid bills. He has been involved in theft, fraud, forgery, drug sales, and more. He had to have all his teeth pulled almost two years ago because his entire mouth was full of infection. He would stay up day and night for a week straight and then sleep day and night for three days straight. He is a stranger and I don't know how my children and I will ever get past this. As much as I hate him for what he has done to us, I am scared to death for him and what is going to happen to him!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for you and your family. Addiction is such a horrible thing. You really need to put yourself and your kids first right now. The reality is that unless and until an addict wants to change, they won't change, no matter what those around them say or do.

Please check out our friends and family forums; you'll find a lot of people who have been through similar experiences there: Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR jkh.

I'm sorry for your pain but I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am also sorry for you and your family....But thank you for being strong and seeking help...your story has helped me.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jkh

Thank you all for your kind responses. I am glad to find a place to share with others and hope I can be an inspiration to others in their struggles too.