stupid dream >=[ **vent**

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry stupid dream >=[ **vent**

ok, so I just woke up and came here to vent. I was just in a dream that I had no Ideal was a dream. It was so realistic, but stupidly cheesy. So, I was very old, in my late 80's sitting on the porch trying to knit but the arthritis in my hands was terribly painful. I kept knitting anyway. The sun was just beginning to rise over he horizon, I was in the country somewhere. "His eye is on the sparrow" played on piano in the background as the birds sang in the trees. As the song ended the screen door opened and there he was, all old just like me. He brought me my coffee and his and we watched the sunrise, he said to me "did you really believe 60 years ago that we would make it here? together? " I looked at him and said "always" and woke up.
stupid codie brain. the first night I go to sleep without a pity party and the first day I have zero expectations of a letter and I fall asleep beginning to like this no contact thing and maybe I really am embracing my recovery and now this! >=[ what the heck!!!!!! thanks for letting me vent ugh!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's ok to want a person to grow old with but just so happens that your memory of this person happens to be the addict right now. If you were dating someone else, the person in the dream could change face too.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ahh, fantasy! We codies love it!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you ever been aware that you are dreaming and change the course of it? I find myself doing that occasionally. But I don't remember all of my dreams.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

usually, my dreams are magical. something will happen, an animal will talk, the grass will be pink, or I will be talking to someone who has passed away, then, yes I will know Im dreaming, but for some reason last night I didn't realize it wasn't real, and I actually felt the pain in my hands so I rationalized I wasn't dreaming because my hands hurt.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm just throwing this out there. I saw the dream as, your Higher Power is with you. Often, I've heard, people or characters and things in our dreams are usually extensions of parts of ourselves. As I read your description and the part when "he walked in..." I thought God/HP was personified and was showing you he/she/it was there with you all along, would see you through to the end of your life.

I know you're the only one who can really interpret your dream. I just want to share what struck me in it. Dreams often have multi-layered messages. A question that strikes me also: Have you in some ways made your addict your HP? The association may have put your A's face on it in the dream.

Hugs to you.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lily, do you take a sleep aid? I once took this natural sleep supplement melatonin. It gave me the strangest dreams that sound like what you went through. I thought it was real. The emotion was so authentic it was disturbing to me to realize it wasn't true. But I'm glad it wasn't. And I'm glad you're still young!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The hopeful fantasies are the last to go.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

very interesting take, neagrm.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neagrm View Post
I'm just throwing this out there. I saw the dream as, your Higher Power is with you. Often, I've heard, people or characters and things in our dreams are usually extensions of parts of ourselves. As I read your description and the part when "he walked in..." I thought God/HP was personified and was showing you he/she/it was there with you all along, would see you through to the end of your life.

I know you're the only one who can really interpret your dream. I just want to share what struck me in it. Dreams often have multi-layered messages. A question that strikes me also: Have you in some ways made your addict your HP? The association may have put your A's face on it in the dream.

Hugs to you.
I LOVE love love this interpretation!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeetJohnDoe View Post
Lily, do you take a sleep aid? I once took this natural sleep supplement melatonin. It gave me the strangest dreams that sound like what you went through. I thought it was real. The emotion was so authentic it was disturbing to me to realize it wasn't true. But I'm glad it wasn't. And I'm glad you're still young!
no, but many years ago (about 10) I experimented with halucinogens, scared the crap out of me. My doctor said it is not uncommon for people who have used those substances to have very vivid dreams. even years and years after taking them. PTL I have never had any waking flashbacks.