Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/5/2013

Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 2/5/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

One thing we learn in A.A. is to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view. When we were drinking we thought more about the pleasure or release that a drink would give us than we did about the consequences that would result from our taking that drink. Liquor looks good from the short view. When we look in a package store window, we see liquor dressed up in its best wrappings, with fancy labels and decorations. They look swell. But have I learned that what's inside those beautiful bottles is just plain poison to me?

Meditation for the Day

I believe that life is a school in which I must learn spiritual things. I must trust in God and He will teach me. I must listen to God and He will speak through my mind. I must commune with Him in spite of all opposition and every obstacle. There will be days when I will hear no voice in my mind and when there will come no intimate heart-to-heart communion. But if I persist, and make a life habit of schooling myself in spiritual things, God will reveal Himself to me in many ways.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may regularly go to school in things of the spirit. I pray that I may grow spiritually by making a practice of these things.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I keep at it - practicing the spiritual work. Most of the time that's about all I can do. Even reading more than a paragraph at a time of spiritual/AA resources is a challenge ... Which is probably a blockage caused by fear ... Which perhaps with more spiritual work will get easier.

Or I could just give up on it all, which isn't at all appealing or useful so I won't.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

It's poison to everyone, but especially so to those like me. I definitely viewed it in the short term temporarily release aspect. That's all it really was. It was a very short term solution. I would know that after it's consumed I had (x) hours to enjoy it. It actually kind of took more fun out of it, because when I would be tossed I would watch the clock tick away, knowing the tomorrow was inevitably coming and my problems would still be there. I just didn't know what to do other than that. Well, I did, but AA "wasn't going to help!!!" Oh how "hard-headed" I was.

My spiritual learning, in early recovery, I believe is going upwards at a very steep angle like on a graph. I was just thinking that maybe the angle on the graph will lesson over time and kind of level off at a point, but that's a very limiting way to think about it!! Who says there is any end to spiritual learning? Why did I even feel there could be? There's always something to learn, and the more I love and work with others, the more I will be exposed to new spiritual things, thus increasing the curve more and more.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I will go to school tonight to my home group.. And sit in class and learn..