Notices

Daily Reflections for 2/5/2013

Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Daily Reflections for 2/5/2013

*~*~*~*~*^DailyReflections^*~*~*~*~*

A GLORIOUS RELEASE

"The minute I stopped arguing, I could begin to see and feel. Right there, Step Two gently and very gradually began to infiltrate my life. I can't say upon what occasion or upon what day I came to believe in a Power greater than myself, but I certainly have that belief now. To acquire it, I had only to stop fighting and practice the rest of A.A.'s program as enthusiastically as I could. "

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 27

After years of indulging in a "self-will run riot," Step Two became for me a glorious release from being all alone. Nothing is so painful or insurmountable in my journey now. Someone is always there to share life's burdens with me. Step Two became a reinforcement with God, and I now realize that my insanity and ego were curiously linked. To rid myself of the former, I must give up the latter to one with far broader shoulders than my own.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

He has shoulders that I lean onto on a daily basis. I was doing my evening prayers last night and thanking God for my sobriety, and I could feel my ego ever so gently and quietly trying to take credit. I then started to think about how I used to be there at the end - hopelessly drunk every minute of the day, days on end, ready to commit suicide, jobless, marriage on rocks, struggling in every part of my life, and then looking at where I am today. There is NO way that I did this. Having the Creator relieve me of the obsession is a miracle for me. I could not and still do not do this. So in taking that second step, I see the light and find that sweet release that I always dreamed of.

Wonderful reading.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

This program and these readings are about some very simple concepts over and over. There are a million ways to talk about and discuss them, but in the end it's pretty simple. The fact that I realize this allows me to complicate the sh** out of it.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Amen ....

Thankfully I have my HP of God today, and not my Old HP of alcohol.