Notices

daughter in jail

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

daughter in jail

We were taking my daughter to rehab today.She has been staying at our house for the last three weeks because her boy friend had been in jail because he beet her and was suffocating her.He got out two days ago and she has said she would never see him again. Well last night she was going to say good by to a friend before we took her to rehab and she ended up with him and never came home. We did't know if he forced her or not and found out where they were. She had a warrant out for her arrest because she quit going to blow and pee every day. When they arrested her the found some cocaine on her. My wife and I are very very depressed that we were the ones that called the police although ate the time we didn't know if he was harming here or what because he was suppose to come near her buy the time this all happened we were just 4hrs away from taking her to rehab.

Dave
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hello, Island Boy

You made the right choice in calling the police. There was a member of this forum who went to jail last week, and we all prayed for him and it turned out to be not all that bad for him. Maybe this is what needed to happen for your daughter.

I've never been to jail, but my wife has called the police on me. I deserved it, and it was a major wake-up call.

Thanks for sharing and letting us give you support.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry Dave.

I know you'll find a lot of support here, especially in our Family and Friends forum.

welcome to SR.

D
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dont be too hard on yourself. Maybe this is what she needed to start turning her life around. Hopefully she can get her head straight if she's sober for a few days and maybe she'll be in the right mindset to go to rehab when she gets out. And at the very least now you know she isn't doing reckless things for the time being. Try to relax. You know she's at least safe tonight.