Notices

things have got to change

Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cb1

Red face things have got to change

Just took my BAC..it is at 0. Blood pressure 143/101 (ouch) 10 xanaxs to get me thru withdrawls.(were subscribed for nerves by doc) here we go...the longest I have been sober in 6 years is 31 days. But I can slowly feel myself dying. There is no alcohol in my house, I am taking to another store tonight were the booze is on the far side of the store I don't go, and straight after work picking up dinner for my kid (by the store) and go home do laundry and watch a (NON DEPRESSING) movie. Thats my plan. No drinking today.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Add an AA meeting to your plan and you will be all set
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cb1

glad you brought that up. I have two groups in my area. One is a younger, more not energetic let said "loud" group the other is a more mature (older) group of people. I am in my early 40's. I enjoy them both I even used to go to both (one at 7 other at 8, they did not mind if I was a little late) just curious, which one do you think I may benefit from most?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whichever one you feel most at home in...and it is allowed to change. Both of them! any AA meeting is better than no AA in my books
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a great plan. I found that making small changes in routines and patterns really helped a lot to get through the tough moments. I also started walking a lot in the early evening which turned out to be a blessing. I still do.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I gravitate to the one's where people are most honest about themselves regardless of age. But there is something to be said for going to meetings in your own age group to meet people you can do things socially with. I go to 5 distinct meetings each has it's own flavor and people. Like them all just in different ways. One because of people my age, one because of people with long term sobriety, one because it is small, one because it is close, one I am not crazy about so I may look for another meeting but it may be just me.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cb1....Good to see you posting that you are taking some positive steps...

Keep posting on SR..

Jim
Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cb1 View Post
Just took my BAC..it is at 0. Blood pressure 143/101 (ouch) 10 xanaxs to get me thru withdrawls.(were subscribed for nerves by doc) here we go...the longest I have been sober in 6 years is 31 days. But I can slowly feel myself dying. There is no alcohol in my house, I am taking to another store tonight were the booze is on the far side of the store I don't go, and straight after work picking up dinner for my kid (by the store) and go home do laundry and watch a (NON DEPRESSING) movie. Thats my plan. No drinking today.
Cb1,
For clarification
Are you saying you are sober now for 31 days and it has taken 10 xanax over a 31 day period to get you to this point?

Blood pressure sure seems high, are you working with a doctor now?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Your doctor prescribed 10 xanax? I hope this was throughout the detoxing and not at one taking!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cb1

oh yes!!!! I'm sorry just a small dose take 1 a day if needed for nerves.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cb1

no, I am starting today with no drinking. My doc also gave me blood pressure pills too.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

glad you brought that up. I have two groups in my area. One is a younger, more not energetic let said "loud" group the other is a more mature (older) group of people. I am in my early 40's. I enjoy them both I even used to go to both (one at 7 other at 8, they did not mind if I was a little late) just curious, which one do you think I may benefit from most?
If they aren't at the same time ... both . Is there really something better you can do for your sobriety ??

All the best.

Bob R
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
cb1

you are right 2granddaughters....and I was not the only one jumping meetings, I would see some at both (as long as we were not to late to the second one) the second meeting never really seemed to mind a few coming in late
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

CB...I know you're not here to be lectured but please please reconsider using Xanax to ease withdrawal. I used Valium for YEARS to do that very thing and now not only am I battling the cravings for alcohol, I am also on a less that pleasant Valium taper. Talk to a doctor and get the facts about what you're doing. At the end I was also testing my BP and BAC and thought I was using Valium responsibly because I was playing my own mini Dr. But, it's a very dangerous game once you mix benzos and alcohol. Especially if you're blacking out. The biggest wake up call for me was when I took a bath after drinking heavily and literally almost killed myself. I must have passed out on the tub or slid down but when I came to I had clearly gone underwater. By some grace of God was able to get myself out of the tub. My point is, you can be doing the most benign thing but when you have alcohol and a powerful benzo floating around inside you, there really is no safe place.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
cb1

wo, that is scary!! I will be sure to be careful!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cb1

can somebodytell me the withdrawl symptoms from benzos? I only have 10 but god knows I don't need that on my plate!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Add an AA meeting to your plan and you will be all set
I wish it were so magical. I have been in AA since 1974 and (thanks to AA) most, in fact all of those years were "sober", but there is something about "acceptance" that has always alluded me. God? Perhaps? But I have relapsed so many times ... looking for help here.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Cb. 10 wo won't get you in a danger zone. But long term use will.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please remember our medical advice rule guys - shared experience is generally ok - recommendations are not.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...guideline.html

Common sense suggests 10 pills won't cause you any issues cb.

Welcome back

D
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
cb1

ahhhh...my old thread. Well, I think it is time to get this thing moving again, and get my asrs in gear. I have been riding the poor me train for to long and now I am reeady to get OFF. I have a doctor's appointment in 33 days to recheck my liver count. Hopefully it will be good. I have got my plan in motion and I am ready to go. Let's hope this quit train gets going!!