View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Eliz181144

Originally Posted by cb1 View Post
Just took my BAC..it is at 0. Blood pressure 143/101 (ouch) 10 xanaxs to get me thru withdrawls.(were subscribed for nerves by doc) here we go...the longest I have been sober in 6 years is 31 days. But I can slowly feel myself dying. There is no alcohol in my house, I am taking to another store tonight were the booze is on the far side of the store I don't go, and straight after work picking up dinner for my kid (by the store) and go home do laundry and watch a (NON DEPRESSING) movie. Thats my plan. No drinking today.
CB...I know you're not here to be lectured but please please reconsider using Xanax to ease withdrawal. I used Valium for YEARS to do that very thing and now not only am I battling the cravings for alcohol, I am also on a less that pleasant Valium taper. Talk to a doctor and get the facts about what you're doing. At the end I was also testing my BP and BAC and thought I was using Valium responsibly because I was playing my own mini Dr. But, it's a very dangerous game once you mix benzos and alcohol. Especially if you're blacking out. The biggest wake up call for me was when I took a bath after drinking heavily and literally almost killed myself. I must have passed out on the tub or slid down but when I came to I had clearly gone underwater. By some grace of God was able to get myself out of the tub. My point is, you can be doing the most benign thing but when you have alcohol and a powerful benzo floating around inside you, there really is no safe place.