Notices

sometimes i falter

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sometimes i falter

That is my user name but the registration form wouldn't let me put it all in so I was shortened to sometimesifalte....just wanted to say that first.

This is my first post...although I have been here reading for sometime...last night i did falter....and i am so ashamed of myself. I finally have to admit the truth and that is that I have a serious problem with alcohol and my name doesn't really speak the truth.

I falter every day...not just sometimes. I drink alcohol every day and have for sometime...but last night my kids saw me drunk...falling down drunk and I will never get over that. I have hid it for so long. I always drank alone so no one would see me. Now they know part of the truth but not all of it. They don't know how much and how long I have been drinking.

So now i need to stop and i decided i would join and post so that hopefully i will keep my promise to myself.

I need all the help and advice i can get. TODAY IS DAY ONE of i hope what will be the rest of my life!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR sometimesifalte

I used to falter every day too. Posting here really helped me stay accountable, I hope it helps you too x
Old 12-17-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello!
I just want to welcome you to SR – I’m 17 days sober and this forum has helped me immensely. Be prepared for a difficult few days, and post/read as much as you can, because it really does help. You’ve made a fantastic decision for yourself and for your family.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh wait, 18 days! See, it really does get easier. The first week I knew my time sober down to the minute
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and your family. When I think back to how many times my kids saw me in various stages of inebriation, I shudder. Good luck with your journey into sobriety. Read this forum as much as you can - it really helps. And try and determine what resources you'll need for the long haul - AA, SMART, etc. I wish you the best.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sometimes
Joining SR gave me back some hope - I looked around and saw that we can and do recover

I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Making a firm decision/promise to finally stop for good can be worthwhile in many ways, and I'm sure you normally try very hard to keep the promises you make.

What will you do for reenforcement if keeping that promise becomes a little bit difficult for you?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...show your recovery actions to your kids, they will forgive you.
Congrats on your decision. Be careful detoxing.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you very much for all of your replies...it's nice to be heard really heard. I know that I have to be careful and will make sure that I do this safely...but again just wanted to say thanks. I am going to go for a walk every day. I need the exercise and i also need some way to fill up my days.