Feeling down

Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling down

For the last month my alcoholic/addict husband has supposed to have moved out. He found an apartment, then he had to wait for the owner to come back from vacation, then they had to redo the apartment, then today he tells me they want higher rent so he is negotiating with them. I just want him to go so the kids and I can get back to normal. Tonight I went to the side of the house and saw him smoking pot from a pipe. It just upset me so much. I don't know how we have gotten to this point. There is nothing more I can do so I just want him to leave. Right now I am upstairs in my room crying and don't know what to do next.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong.

When I was in a very trough spot I just remembered that one day I'd wake up and things would be better...

...and two years later my life is much better.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you're going through this. I've reached a point where I need to protect myself and my kids at all costs. I told my xAH he is more than welcome to visit his kids when he's sober; however, if I suspect he is under the influence, I will call the police and press charges for him endangering the welfare of the children. You should not have to be in your room crying while he continues to make excuses for why he hasn't left. I know this is hard but I received advice here in the past that hit a cord with me. "Would you ever let a friend or another family member that is under the influence of drugs near your children?" If the answer is No, then why is it OK for their father to be under the influence. It took me a long time; but, now I'm here. Hugs and prayers for you and your children.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so sorry you are going through this. You have far more patience then I could ever dream of. How old are your kids?? No way, would I let him being smoking pot at my home especially while my kids are there.

A good way to get rid of him?? Next time, call the police!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry I didn't clarify. My kids are adults but live at home still. They know what is going on and want him to leave also. Calling the police sounds so scary to me. I don't know if I could do that.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Why don't you move out? California is a community property state, so you will get what you are entitled to and possibly more, as you have 34 years invested in this... marriage?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Calling the police sounds scary? A grown man sneaking around outside your home smoking pot sounds more scary then that! Stay Strong.