Notices

Day 3 and man it was painful

Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and man it was painful

i just completed officially 72 hours and man today was really tough. Kids were driving me crazy, (that makes me feels terrible). I am doing this a lot for the kids and my amazing wife. I don't want my 2 year olds see a hammered daddy. But there over excitement of two two year olds of overwhelming. I guess I was always to numb to see how loud and excited they get. I head to therapy for the first time tomorrow, man i hope it helps. The anxioty attacks are really tough. Tanks for reading. Hopefully I will be here to talk about day 4, the first day back to work.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was just about to sign off and the I saw your post. Day 3 was the absolute worst one I had. I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I went for a walk while the kids were at CCD and had to stop because my heart was racing and I felt clammy. I had a tough time most of the day.

The good news is day 4 I started to feel better, and each day after even better. I hope that your appointment tomorrow goes well and that you are feeling better!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep it up Husker! Good work!
Sobriety is the best Christmas gift you can give to yourself and your family.
It's awesome after a little while... If you're able to get away for a fast walk or some other form of exercise, it helps a lot with anxiety and keeping it cool in a chaotic family environment.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day at a time. Easy does it.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier Husker - hang in there

D
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I too had a pretty crappy day three. I think up to day five or so I felt unable to cope, and I wonder if this has something to do with vitamin depletion (booze steals B vitamins, this can make you edgy/depressed).

Nevertheless, after a week (which involves getting through the weekend - I found this quite difficult) the benefits are evident in all aspects of my life, and they will be for yours too. One of the most comforting things about sobriety is knowing that your emotions are your own; they're not conjured by alcohol. If you feel a little sad, then you feel a little sad. Deep breaths, logic and remember that provided you don't take the first drink, you'll be absolutely, definitely, without a doubt ... sober!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dts

Great going!!!!! Keep it up!

As Dee said it does get better.
Day 3-6 were my worst days, after that things got better and better.

Today is the next greatest day of my life!!!!!! I know you'll find this to be true in your life as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi All 1 week down onto week 2. just checking in brielfy today

Stay strong
Old 12-10-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi All 1 week down onto week 2. just checking in brielfy today

Stay strong
Wrong thread sorry was menat to be in December forum
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done Husker! I had a stress day at work where all I thought of was having a drink after work, I had a family dinner to go to & when my daughter ordered a red wine so did I back to square 1....I only had one but know it is still a huge sign that I am so so weak
You did so well to get through your stress day, please keep it up & I'll start day 1 again
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Day 3 was memorably awful-it will get better! Two toddlers can be pretty loud-I used to teach and we had 14 in our class that age. Imagine that hung over. Not pretty lol Hang in there and enjoy your family!

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a 3 year old birhtday party at Chuck E. Cheese. The older teens leading the singing were obviously hung over and feeling queasy. There were about 100 kids in the room, all overexcited and running around like maniacs. When Chuck E. Cheese came out the kids were like teens at a Bieber concert. Meanwhile the teens are onstage singing some song off key about being happy while they looked like they were about to hurl.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

no problem groc, i am looking forward to my first week as well
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

that is to funny free fall, i love it... i am cracking up
Old 12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Husker - Day 4 will be better than Day 3 or 2 and even 1. Good luck with the therapy tomorrow!

Please join us in the December Class here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-2012-a.html

Good job hangin in there!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post

One of the funniest things I've ever seen was a 3 year old birhtday party at Chuck E. Cheese. The older teens leading the singing were obviously hung over and feeling queasy. There were about 100 kids in the room, all overexcited and running around like maniacs. When Chuck E. Cheese came out the kids were like teens at a Bieber concert. Meanwhile the teens are onstage singing some song off key about being happy while they looked like they were about to hurl.
I can so get a good visual on that event. LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yeah, I am going to jump on the Day 3 was the hardest bandwagon. Really, the whole first week was tough. Everything irritated the heck out of me. I am happy to see you posting here. I hope you can cut yourself some slack and get out of the house as much as possible, just for now!