Notices

Adderall Overdoes

Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adderall Overdoes

Hi everyone,
I didn't know what forum to use so I guess im using this one. I am a 21 year old female in college. I weight 120 pound and i am 5'7". Saturday night/sunday morning i was studying for finals and pulled an all nighter. I didnt realize how much adderall i really took until much later because if i got tired or felt like it was wearing off i would just take more. I ended up taking in between 85-95mg of non extended release adderall. I was shaking, rapid heart beat, jumpy, nauseous... im usually kind of shakey any way because of the adderal and Effexor that i take for depression/anxiety so i didnt think it was that big of a deal. Once i tried to go to sleep i couldnt for hours. I slept for about 3-4 hours then had to wake up to study for exams. Once i god up i felt pretty sick but i just thought it was because lack of sleep. Then i started vomitting, so i thought i had the flu. It wasnt until i had a fever of 102 that i checked signs of overdose. Did i OD on Adderall? Also, i still have a fever of 99.4 today. Which is quite high for me im usually 96.7 or 97.5. Is my fever related to the Adderall? If so, how long will it last?
Help!??!
Worst decision ive every made during finals
Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Finals - welcome

None of us are qualified to answer your question here - and I'm afraid by our rules we can't give medical advice.

Why not see a Dr?

D
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You should see a doctor for sure...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FinalsFever View Post
Hi everyone,
I didn't know what forum to use so I guess im using this one. I am a 21 year old female in college. I weight 120 pound and i am 5'7". Saturday night/sunday morning i was studying for finals and pulled an all nighter. I didnt realize how much adderall i really took until much later because if i got tired or felt like it was wearing off i would just take more. I ended up taking in between 85-95mg of non extended release adderall. I was shaking, rapid heart beat, jumpy, nauseous... im usually kind of shakey any way because of the adderal and Effexor that i take for depression/anxiety so i didnt think it was that big of a deal. Once i tried to go to sleep i couldnt for hours. I slept for about 3-4 hours then had to wake up to study for exams. Once i god up i felt pretty sick but i just thought it was because lack of sleep. Then i started vomitting, so i thought i had the flu. It wasnt until i had a fever of 102 that i checked signs of overdose. Did i OD on Adderall? Also, i still have a fever of 99.4 today. Which is quite high for me im usually 96.7 or 97.5. Is my fever related to the Adderall? If so, how long will it last?
Help!??!
Worst decision ive every made during finals
Are you actually prescribed Adderall?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes i am. i have been since i was 3 or 4 years old. I have no idea why i thought that it was a good idea. It was like i wasnt even thinking. I just kept taking more as soon as i thought it was wearing off. I was too preoccupied with studying to really think. I am prescribed 30mg.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too am prescribed Adderall.

See a doctor.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am prescribed Concerta. It's time release, one pill a day. Very hard to abuse unless you are determined to.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I mean i have taken stimulants since i was three. I have never done this before nor will i ever again. I don't like pulling all nighters as it is. I have no idea what got into my head thinking that it would be a good idea to stay up and study anyway. I am pretty dependent on my adderall but i dont really abuse it (besides this time). I will sometimes take an extra 10 or 20mg later in the day if i have to do something but no more than that. My doctor said that doing that was ok. He actually tried giving me an additional 10mg monthly prescription for those occasions. Within the next year i will be working on trying to get my self off it or find an alternative. It is very difficult because i also suffer from chronic fatigue, with Adderall being its treatment as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FinalsFever View Post
I will sometimes take an extra 10 or 20mg later in the day if i have to do something but no more than that. My doctor said that doing that was ok. He actually tried giving me an additional 10mg monthly prescription for those occasions.
Now this, I've never heard of.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, I asked my doctor about it once i went away to college and the school psychiatrist was giving my friends both an extended like 20mg for in the morning and then an additional 10-20 nonextended for use if needed after the extended release wore off. He said that if i felt like i needed that then he would give it to me but i just stuck with the 30mg and would break it up if i only needed a little. i went to the psychiatrist for the first time in my school career a few weeks ago for my anxiety. i told him that i have to do all my hw before 5 or 6 or else i cant really thing or get too tired to truly function. The first thing he asked me was if i was on extended release, i told him no. The next question was if i have ever thought of having a secondary prescription of lower strength for as needed. i had never hear of people doing it before coming to school though.