Notices

Just poured out my whole liquor cabinet

Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Just poured out my whole liquor cabinet

All the beers in the fridge too! The bottles of wine are in gift bags ready to be given away for Christmas. The weed went into the disposal.

Never done this before. Feeling a little better.

Now off to my first meeting back.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW Fallow! That is amazing! I don't know if I could have done that! Looks like you are on your way to recovery! Congrats!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is awesome Fallow! I still have several expensive bottles of wine waiting to find their way into gift baskets I am putting together!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Excellent - that is a big step !! :-)
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

I am glad you are feeling stronger in your sobriety
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Huge step - congrats
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aghhhh !! My husband has a wine cellar. I feel trapped sometimes. I have opened a bottle , drank half and threw the rest away so not to finish the whole thing. He would be quite mad if I told him. I told him I have a drinking problem. Maybe he would take me more seriously if he saw me dumping some of his precious wine!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fallow, i have found that i cannot have alcohol in the house and not having it in the house really helps me stay sober. Great first step. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for doing that.

I am so glad that we don't keep alcohol in the house.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done! I also gave away all of my glassware: martini glasses/shakers, wine glasses, shot glasses, beer stines, margarita glasses, etc...
Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yay, Fallow!!! Way to go. I still have a bottle of wine in my closet. It makes me feel better that if I want a drink I can have one. I have this rebel streak in me, that if I am forbidden to do something, then I really want it. So 22 days ago I decided that I don't want to drink wine anymore, even though it was like giving up the love of my life. Crazy, eh? I should probably get rid of that bottle.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mafalda View Post
Aghhhh !! My husband has a wine cellar. I feel trapped sometimes. I have opened a bottle , drank half and threw the rest away so not to finish the whole thing. He would be quite mad if I told him. I told him I have a drinking problem. Maybe he would take me more seriously if he saw me dumping some of his precious wine!
Thats hard Mafalda, apart from beer, which i don't like, knowing that there is alcohol in the house makes me obsess about drinking it. My husband is a heavy drinker but he is really helping me with my sobriety at the moment by not having alcohol in the house. Maybe a heart to heart with your husband might help. Could he not transfer his precious collection to storage somewhere?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Free at last!

I think you are incredibly brave having wine in gift bags in your homes! Last year as with every year I would end up drinking all the alcohol intended as Xmas gifts I had bought, buying replacements and then drinking them all again, and so on for weeks. My drinking went really over board this time of year because of all the extra booze in the house. Some of my worse times and black outs have been over the Xmas and New Year period.

I certainly wouldn't have any bottles of wine hanging around my home at the moment so stay strong. I am not giving any alcohol as a present this year, and my husband is going to deal immediately with any alcohol we get given, and remove it from the house.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

YES!!! Good for you! It was so hard for me to take that first step and pour it down the drain. But I did it too. I don't know how it was for you but by the time I got to the last drop it couldn't come out of the bottle fast enough. I wrapped up all the bottles and ran to the trash. It was like an awakening....and the voice inside my head said I AM DONE!!!!

I hope you had an awakening too because pouring your booze down the drain is HUGE!!! At least in my book!!! Hooray Hooray Hooray!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

thats alcohol abuse man pouring it out lol. i would go to peoples houses and see bottles that actually werent empty, and they were sober. i could never do that. wouldnt matter if i didnt like what it was.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
p***enger

if there's a drop in the house i'll drink it. i guess that's one of the ways i know it's a sickness.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by Halzuzu View Post
Well done! I also gave away all of my glassware: martini glasses/shakers, wine glasses, shot glasses, beer stines, margarita glasses, etc...
Yep, im gettin rid of all that too!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good for you Fallow. Y'know it took me months before I got rid of all the booze in my house. I don't know why I kept it, it felt odd not having booze in for guests or something. Stupid really, especially considering how often I have visitors! Now I'm gonna get rid of the wine glasses too. I just can't see a situation when they're gonna be used. It freeing not to hang on to that stuff. Nice to see you back x
Old 12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It is fantastic that you got rid off all of it! I'm hoping what is left of my beer my hubby and his friends will drink pretty soon and then I will have an alcohol free home also!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...