Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours A Day
November 27, 2012

A.A. Thought For The Day
The way of A.A. is the way of sobriety, fellowship, service and faith. Let us take up each one of these things and see if our feet are truly on the way. The first and greatest to us is sobriety. The others are built on sobriety as a foundation. We could not have the others if we did not have sobriety. We all come to A.A. to get sober, and we stay to help others get sober. We are looking for sobriety first, last and all the time. We cannot build any kind of decent life unless we stay sober. Am I on the A.A. way?

Meditation For The Day
To truly desire to do God’s will, therein lies happiness for a human being. We start out wanting our own way. We want our wills to be satisfied. We take and we do not give. Gradually we find that we are not happy when we are selfish, so we begin to make allowances for other peoples’ wills. But this again does not give us full happiness, and we begin to see that the only way to be truly happy is to try to do God’s will. In these times of meditation, we seek to get guidance so that we can find God’s will for us.

Prayer For The Day
I pray that I may subordinate my will to the will of God. I pray that I may be guided today to find His will for me.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

We start out wanting our own way. We want our wills to be satisfied. We take and we do not give. Gradually we find that we are not happy when we are selfish, so we begin to make allowances for other peoples’ wills. But this again does not give us full happiness, and we begin to see that the only way to be truly happy is to try to do God’s will.
I never thought I was a "taker" until I got into this program. I always felt I was the guy giving everyone the shirt off my back, but I realized later that what I was really doing was expecting to get a fur coat back. My selfish motives were always hidden under good motives.

Resentments always followed my selfishness - I made a nest out of them. And even when I did get people to do as I wanted, it was only a brief flash of happiness...and then I wanted more. Insatiable. Like alcohol.

It's only now that when my will aligns with God's am I truly free and happy and no longer have to wrestle with my will or anyone else's.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Today, I am trying as best I can to be useful to others. Hopefully , during the process, I am doing God's work, and ultimately leading me down the AA way.