Notices

Withdrawal

Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Withdrawal

I need help so bad, I have no medical insurance and I can't work while I'm sick. The restless leg and arms everything withdrawal brings. The things that go thru my mind trying to get clean having withdrawal symptoms are unbearable.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi helpmegod - welcome

not sure what you're withdrawing from but I think a doctor is never a bad idea, especially if you feel poorly.

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome,

Dee's information should be very helpful to you.

I'm not sure what you're withdrawing from either, but, there is lots of support here.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR and as Dee and Anna said get to a Doc and keep talking
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Helpme. You've found a wonderful place. Keep reading and posting here and we will help you feel less anxious.

I hope you can get some medical help for the symptoms. Once you're through withdrawing, you never have to go back there again. Glad you found us.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry you can't afford to see a doctor! I remember having restless leg syndrome when I kicked the anti-anxiety pills...it was bad. It was my toes too, I ended up having to tape them together or I couldn't sleep...toes and legs believe it or not. A long hot bath and stretching before bed helped too. I hope you're doing okay. hugs.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

so sorry you are having to go thru this.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Helpmegod,
Sorry to hear about your predicament. If you have no health insurance and no money you should be able to see a doctor in your local city hospital. It may mean waiting for a while in outpatients but by law they have to see you. If you need a prescription filled they will usually give you a couple of days worth free of charge and then the Social Worker can help find a pharmaceutical company that will provide the medication free of charge. You can always ring your hospital and ask to speak to a Social Worker who should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Helpmegod View Post
I need help so bad, I have no medical insurance and I can't work while I'm sick. The restless leg and arms everything withdrawal brings. The things that go thru my mind trying to get clean having withdrawal symptoms are unbearable.

Also, if you have no money or health insurance and you are diagnosed as being an alcoholic you may qualify for Medicaid. Speak to a Social Worker.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am here in the states. And have just walked in the ER for help. Without a dollar to my name. They must help you with or without the ability to pay..

Just go.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would definitely follow the advice about seeing a doctor. I am sorry you are feeling lousy.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

the emergency room is open
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dragon12 View Post
Also, if you have no money or health insurance and you are diagnosed as being an alcoholic you may qualify for Medicaid. Speak to a Social Worker.
Unless OP have kids then Medicaid is almost impossible to get. You're best bet is to go to the ER and get care that way.