Notices

**** I talked myself into another six pack...

Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

**** I talked myself into another six pack...

I have called into work monday and today this week sick...can I really call in 3 days in a row? **** i think I am going to get fired...I kind of care but not really that much. but that is probably because i am buzzed...i just took all my empties out to the dumpster when I went to get another sixpack and a pack of smokes..it was ridiculous...i shouldn't be drinking this much...why do we (I) do it? there must be an underlying reason...sure the buzz is nice but after a while it is more just to maintain so you are not hurting...**** I hate being an alcoholic...
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you made that decision PS.

Lots of times I just felt like I was feeding the monster - no more no less reason than that.

This story always made sense to me.
A Cherokee Legend

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
You have to work out which wolf you're gonna feed PS.

D
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you made that decision PS.

Lots of times I just felt like I was feeding the monster - no more no less reason than that.

This story always made sense to me.
You have to work out which wolf you're gonna feed PS.

D
thanks Dee...I know I am feeding the wrong monster...but that ****** is winning at the moment...it's a little scary...i gotta stop it...usually I am better at it than this...this week, tonight, not so much...
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

but that ****** is winning at the moment...
We all know how that feels - and y'know PS?
we all know it's BS.

You get to decide who wins.

If you want to, you can make today a massive turnaround....still even now...

You could stop drinking now, dump the rest of the six pack, catch a couple of zzz's and then go and hit an AA meeting for example....or SMART, or Lifering...even just seeing your Dr. would be a step forward.

Easy? no.
Fun? Probably not.

But stuff like this just might be the best thing you've done for yourself for a while.

D