Notices

It should been harder to buy from shop..

Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It should been harder to buy from shop..

Im from Sweden and to buy alcohol there u have to go to a monopoly/ shop run by goverment to buy alcohol, it shuts early and isnt open during weekend.

Here u can get a bottle wine everywhere, anytime (In UK)... I dont like that!! Grr...
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

if i wanted to drink i would get it no ifs or buts, even if the only place selling it was the moon... makes no differance!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your blaming the shops for your drinking? Hmm, i hadnt considered that one when trying to dodge reponsibility!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In Aus we have drive through bottle shops, you dont even have to leave the car and there are many of them, I drive past at least 8 each way too and from work. God the amount of times I drove drinking

Sometimes I would just go for a drive so i could have a drink on reflection I dont know why, not wipe myself out but at least 1/2 bottle of scotch. Reflect on that comment "not a lot about 1/2 bottle of scotch" say that out loud in a crowd and you would be laughed at and i did it 3 days a week.

Doing laps of the neighbourhood drinking, What a fool. Thank god I did not have an accident and god only knows how I got away without a DUI.

I have 2 DUI's in my history one when I was 18 which was almost a right of passage in Aus, the second some time later and the next day after a heavy night I was over 0.05 and tested at 9am

I have not travelled O/S but I would be interested if everything revolves around grog like it does in Aus, I mean I remember playning senior football at 15 and afterwood we would drink at the bar, play cricket drink afterwards, go to club drink, go to races drink, friday night after works drink, camping drink around the fire

It scares me how I will go back in that culture. Will I be a hermit, will I survive.

Probably a rant not sleeping well today but toughing it out

All best all
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a somewhat similar experience when I moved to the U.S. (Chicago) from Toronto Canada many years ago (I'm back in Canada now). It was my first time there since being an adult. I found booze everywhere, not just in government stores, and it incredibly cheap- insanely so for some things. After a period of buying more than usual because of that, I settled into my usual drinking pattern nonetheless (too much). After a couple of months I didn't drink any more (sadly I didn't drink any less) than usual. It wasn't the availability and cost that dictated my intake, it was me.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just meant like Ive found myself drinking more over here as Its easier to get hold of and i see people popping in all time just to get a bottle wine,while where i am from it would been embarresing to get 2-3 bottles wine in one go,and the shop is far away so it was harder BUT I am not blaming the shop for my drinking, all im saying I get so much more tempted and not used to alcohol being so easily to get hold off... As lionhearted said....If you want a drink u get it anyway - anywhere. So I would say I would rather go to town for wine with my friend as I couldnt buy it at night and drink it on own at home then...But going out could result drinking more than u wud at home surely!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay away from the shop!!!