Notices

7 Days Clean, Back to work

Old 10-31-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Talking 7 Days Clean, Back to work

Good morning everyone! Wanted to let everyone know I'm Seven days clean today. All of my withdrawal symptoms subsided except for a little restless legs. Here's the kicker, a week ago I talked to my employer and I let her know I needed to quit to get clean and get my life back. She was totally understanding. Well yesterday she called me basically begging me to come back. She offered me M-F 7-3 weekends off. This was very surprising and was the last thing I was expecting. Hard work does pay off! So today I'm going back to work. There's a couple people, I'm alil nervous about seeing, only because I wasn't on speaking terms with them before I left. Think I'm going to have a quick talk with them this morning and set everything straight. I just wanna say we can all put the past behind us and all stay really good friends. Anyone out their thinking of getting clean just do it. Don't think of tom. think what's going on NOW. You can do it, if i can do this twice, going through a living hell, anyone can. So make up ur mind and get the tools you need to detox and just do it. Know body can make ur mind up but you. I know it's not over and there's going to be tough times along with good times but, the best has yet to come. Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing and giving me the strength to keep detoxing! Today is day 3 for me!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((click85)) - Congrats on 7 days and going back to work!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-31-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Originally Posted by PhilsFan33 View Post
Thank you for sharing and giving me the strength to keep detoxing! Today is day 3 for me!
Keep pushing through it! Force Yourself to get up and move around my friend. Day 3 and 4 are the worst days. Your almost their. Tell yourself "I can do this".
Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks man! I appreciate the support! Luckily I'll be working the rest of the week do that helps to keep my mind off of things. Hopefully by Saturday, day 6, I'll be feeling like a whole new man. Congrats bro and I look forward to reading more of your success!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 11 now without any opiates. I've relapsed 3 times since first making my decision to get clean. These 11 days have been rough to say the least, but different than the last few attempts. The withdrawal for me was excruciating! I could not take time off work whatsoever and work 6 days/week. I just pushed fluids, and energy drinks (when I had to to keep moving) and I found that OTC DX maximum helped with the chills, restless legs, and improved the mood swings. I DID NOT ABUSE THE COUGH SYRUP AND I DONT RECOMMEND DOING SO. I took the recommended dose ( 20 ml) for about 4 days. I didn't want to start a new addiction so after those 4 days I stopped. The withdrawals have mostly subsided now except for the legs at night and the laziness. I have to kick myself off the couch lol im really doing it this time! Im sober and starting to feel better! Not to mention I just got a promotion and will be making alot more money-and I won't be spending a dime on pills! I wish you the best of luck, it CAN be done!! YOU are strong enough to quit! =)
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Evil, click and Phil. Awesome for ALL OF YOU! Evil you will start to feel better. The lethargy was bad for me also and took a while for it to go away. Part of it is cause you are just so tired and lack energy. I took vitamins to try to help with this and to replace what you are loosing in the digestive system. Also some L-Tyrosine for a little energy.

you all are inspiration to me because I need to remind myself sometimes daily of how terrible withdrawals actually are. It was brutal for me and I don't want to do it again!
Thanks for the posts and everyone keep that ONE DAY AT A TIME! One minute if you need it!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Originally Posted by evilpills View Post
I am on day 11 now without any opiates. I've relapsed 3 times since first making my decision to get clean. These 11 days have been rough to say the least, but different than the last few attempts. The withdrawal for me was excruciating! I could not take time off work whatsoever and work 6 days/week. I just pushed fluids, and energy drinks (when I had to to keep moving) and I found that OTC DX maximum helped with the chills, restless legs, and improved the mood swings. I DID NOT ABUSE THE COUGH SYRUP AND I DONT RECOMMEND DOING SO. I took the recommended dose ( 20 ml) for about 4 days. I didn't want to start a new addiction so after those 4 days I stopped. The withdrawals have mostly subsided now except for the legs at night and the laziness. I have to kick myself off the couch lol im really doing it this time! Im sober and starting to feel better! Not to mention I just got a promotion and will be making alot more money-and I won't be spending a dime on pills! I wish you the best of luck, it CAN be done!! YOU are strong enough to quit! =)
Thanks for sharing your story, I'm on day 10, i relapsed earlier this year in August I was clean for 5 months. I used Restful legs, Loperamide, Diphenhydramine, Melatonin, Neurontin, and some Diazepam and Marijuana. To help with the WD. (I don't condone any of this just saying what i used). Lot's of Gatorade too. Congrats!!! on 11 days clean and the new promotion. Let us know how it goes and we wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

CLICK great to see you back!!!!!!!!! And doing well!!!!! We have been on this journey together, and I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! This journey is about to have a great outcome, with both of us working hard at staying clean and turning into happy sober clams!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You don't ever have to go through those first 10 days ever again.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
One day at a time!

Thanks everyone for the reply's! I'm so done with those opiates. I feel so great this morning, it's like I couldn't wait to get up and get my day going. I'm feeling so hopeful. I'll be praying for everyone going through this horrible disease we call addiction. Were all in this together. Stay strong guys!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are heading into a better future...