Notices

Only 8 mg codeine tabs

Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Only 8 mg codeine tabs

Today i am trying to do what the doctor told me to do a month back. Go on 8Mg x 8 a day. As I've ran out of the 60 mg tabs n cough stuff n i need to see doctor next Wednesday about MRI scan results i best try doing as he says as i don't like lying n don't want him angry at me for not sticking to what he's asked.

I did order a bottle of the cough 200ml 60mg) last night n have some dihydrocodeine (7.5) hereas i heard its twice as strong as codeine.

Today ive had 6, 8 mg n 4 n+ (12.8). I will have the last 2, 8 mg later.

So far no withdrawals apart from a headache which proves I was right all along - i was never addicted. So got 1 week to show doc all is ok
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd be careful of equating an 'ok' withdrawal with not being addicted eveleivibe.

You're still on a pretty big amount of codiene - and you're adding cough medicine into the mix too...

I've never been addicted to either so maybe I know nothing - but for me, as an outsider, that's cause for concern.

I'm glad you're seeing the Dr.

D
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that didn't last long. I had 5 n+ n 2, 8 mg n 8 tabs dihrydrocodeine 7.5 tabs.

Not sure i should really be on here as it's only codeine i'm taking not hard drugs n im not an addict. I really feel sorry for addicts. Been reading stories n my heart goes out to them all.

Anyway ive ordered some 60 mg so i can wean off. I can't be doing with that hyper alert feeling n my head feeling like its going to explode like ive had lots of caffeine. Love feeling all cosy n calm n wont be able to sleep if im all hyped up.

I'll try doing the 8 mg x8 tomorrow ARRRRRGGGG!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And i know this is a kind of strange way to think but part of me thinks if i have enough paracetamol / ibropufen my doc may give me pure codeine. Just maybe..... Then i can wean off it.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's all kinds of people here with all kinds of issues, eveleivibe.
If you look I'm sure you'll find some similarities.

I hope you'll stick around - I learned a lot here

D
Old 10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you stick around also! Sometimes because people feel okay when they don't have medicine for a short time it doesn't mean they are not addicted. If you can go long periods (days at a time) without it at all then you can start thinking about not being addicted
Old 10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for your replies. You've been very kind n helpful xxx
Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Eve - codeine is metabolised as morphine.
Morphine is a step 3 analgesic on the World Health Organisations ladder of analgesia.
So codeine is a weak opioid.

Yes it is is not like heroin or cocaine, but it is still a drug of abuse.

Like i have said before, taking more than 8 paracetamol in 24 hours can be fatal.

Taking large amounts of ibuprofen could lead to a gastric bleed.

You might not be around long enough to make it to your doctors if you take too much paracetamol. There is a ceiling dose with paracetamol, meaning that if you take more than you should it can be fatal.

Often a paracetamol overdose is irreversable - nothing can be done, apart from a liver transplant. It can take up to 3 days to die in the most appalling agony. You cannot change your mind if you take too much paracetamol. The damage is done.

This is not intended as medical advice, it is from experience of someone who did this.

Please, please think carefully about what you are doing.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive not been a day without codeine since July 29 as i tried giving it up for 4 days i had the runs felt weak lathargetic n then day 4 i dreamt of it n felt this sense of loss that i cant explain n feelt a bloody idiot for i actually wanted to have the sciatica back n was teRy so took 1 n havent gone a day since.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just want the codeinr only what harm am i doing some smoke cigs some have alcohol whats wrong with me having codeine if it calms me stops me feeling lonely, angry etc. today i didnt have as much n i felt angry reading someones post like i used to on facebook i dont want to go back to reality n feel angry again n yearn for ppls company to be rejected n feel lonely when codeine takes that all away n makes me like being alone n actually reject everyone else instead

PS we're all going to die 1 day aint we.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Also if my doc would do the right thing n give me pure codeine to wean off id be safer.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to say hey - we'll all die someday - then I nearly did.

believe me I'd rather die in my 80s than my twenties, thirties, or forties.

The problem with relying on a drug is as time goes on we need more and more of the drug to feel satisfied...what begins as a helping hand will soon become a crutch and then a mountainous weight we have to drag around.

You're already adding other stuff into the mix like cough syrup to keep the buzz going...

where do you think you might be in 6 months from now if you don't pull back now...or a year? two years?

and pure codeine is an opiate - opiates have their problems too, believe me.
Read around, E.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 10-30-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The feelings you have from taking codeine will evetually wear off.
You will have no 'nice' feelings.
Your body will just crave the drug, but you will not get any high feelings.
Your dose will increase and increase and yet you will get no benefit from it.

If your happy with what your doing then keep on. You know where we are.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Eve, I know there are a few posts here informing you of how dangerous denying an addiction can be. However PLEASE go back and read your posts over the last week. I went back and read them and I can see someone desperate for help. All the feelings you describe hacing when you are out or lowered screams dependent and addiction.
Being dependent and addicted to this does not make you a bad person.
No one can force you to see the road you are heading down, but when you do and you want help please remember that there are people here who will help you as much as they can.
I wish you the best of luck!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your advice.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

When i try not having much i keep having thoughts of how cosy n relaxed i'd be with codeine n feel too alert n want more xxx
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sticking to these 8s is annoying as I've got a headache. Grrr
Anyway took 6 n+ n it went for awhile now its back again.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

If i thought i was addicted but realised im nit due to others trying to convince me i am, does that make me tedious as that what someone said toe

'Decide whether you are addicted to codeine or not as its getting tedious'. N some others ripped into Me. I never meant to be tedious. I mean sometimes you can convince yourself theres something wrong when there isn't right.
I even do this with physical stuff like when i went docs id analyse it as to whether i was exeraggerating n necessary to go as others needed appointments more. It was my parents that persuaded me to go as apparently i was limping n yeah was a bit painful but if i find physical things hard to accept without facts then im going to have difficulty accepting mental things. I explained this to these ppl n also that i get obsessive with things.

I'm not sure what i should n shouldn't say on here as i don't want to get ppl angry with me.
And i heard its been quiet is that cause of me am i being annoying? Please tell me if i am cause i don't want to drive ppl away off here.

Sorry.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the big storm on the US east coast is the reason things are quiet

D
Old 10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh heck hope they're all safe xxx