Notices

Chances of emotional sobriety?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chances of emotional sobriety?

No matter what I do, he is stuck in his own world. He asked me to come to the man cave to watch tv, I said no thank you, I'm going to watch the same show in the bedroom. Asked him to join, no response. Right now, his mere presence irritates the crap outta me. I don't feel like he's supporting me in any way, doesn't help around the house. Only gets excited over hunting, could give a **** less that i am sober..... Gosh, I don't wanna drink over it, I want to find peace with it. Serenity prayer, all day long. I know I'll get there, but right now, I gotta say this process blows! Thanks.... That's all I can vent about right now! Day 22 going to bed! Xoxoxo
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good night Sunshine! Yes the process blows big time! xoxoxoxoxooxo
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I'm going through that too. Sober it really stands out how self centered my boyfriend is. When I was drinking I was out more, and had more of my social needs fulfilled through friends,etc. Now that I am with him more I am realizing how much of a one way street our relationship is. I also realize I let this happen in many ways. Sometimes being clear headed is not a bonus lol

I hope that yours comes around and starts making an effort soon! Congrats on 22 days too!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I am on day 15 tomorrow and the guy I live with is wonderful, yet still makes me craaazzzyyyy!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know your partner - it may be he's a jerk LOL but I think it's worth trying to stay calm and cool your heels for now

I think early recovery is a bit of a wild ride...and it must be for our partners too...there's a lot of changes happening... and at least we know why...he may not really have any real idea of what you're going through...

I found things started to settle down for me emotionally after day 30 and completely by day 90...and a lot of the things that drove me wild in the early weeks re-assumed their proper perspective.

I'd wait til you know who sober you is...then you can work out what you want, and don't want, in your life ft
Old 10-24-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all. A good nights sleep hopefully helped me. It's 5 am, I'm waking up, he's gone deer hunting. I hope he kills one, that will make him happier too!