Notices

Day 2

Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

I have been reading a lot about the withdrawls from alcohol and wanted to know what people have done to help cope. I don't know when the last time was that I did not need alcohol to sleep. The last few nights have been not the best without it. Anxioty, startled jumping, nightmares and chills. I know they will subside eventually, but I am getting no sleep. I try to take naps to regain energy, but the same thing. Anyone out there whom has newly stopped drinking and in the same boat?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am. I'm on day 2 and having severe night sweats where I have to change my clothes. I have a headache, exhaustion, chills, mood swings and all that good stuff. It's really annoying and I'm going through this at work as well. I'm waiting on getting into an outpatient program. I have gotten sober before and I know I have gone through this but it is not making it easier.

Thankfully my anxiety isn't super high this time but I'm on anti-anxiety/anti-depression medication to help with that. I remember having to deal with insomnia too but currently I'm just super tired.

I wish you the best! Hang in there. I'm just drinking water and trying to brave the storm until I can physically start feeling a bit better.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI I too am on Day 2, feeling a bit twitchy but not as to much anxiety as I was expecting, had a good chat with my family, and they all will be supporting me over the next ?????? however long....but feeling positive about the future, and keeping focust on the positives.

Wishing you all the luck in the world guys, and looking forward to day 3..
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi pnik - welcome..you too seasider
this might be a good thread to read:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

If you feel concerned tho, it's always best to see a Dr

D
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Withdrawals are based on so many different variables that it is hard to say what any one person will go through. Like Dee has said if you are concerned see a Dr and they will be able to advise you further.

Natom.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you very much for the link to the other page to get the personal experiences other have gone through. Looking fwd to day 3 <--being optimistic
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74 for the information, its day 3 now and apart from a restless night, I dont feel to bad, been drinking a lot of water though, I've got an appointment with my Doc in the morning, and I'm going to ask for a Blood test LFT so that I have some idea where Im at with regards to any unseen damage....but so far holding up ok.

How are you all feeling today??

I know Im a few hours in-front of you on this side of the pond
Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

I thought I was having fun drinking....little did I realize alcohol changes the entire body....

Hang in there! It all gets better!!